Why become a member? ×

Need help deciding on a lightweight 2x10 + amp.

saibuster

Hi. I will soon have sufficient funds for a 2X10 cab + amp. But in order to keep my saving going and not spend the money on ho's and drugs i need to get some
saving motivation.

Basically i LOVE the Eden sound, round and sweet yet somewhat hi-fi (to my ears anyway). Thing is, i like to keep my back training strictly to the Gym.
So im looking for a lightweight solution 2X10 that would be loud enough for a small to medium club, and would generate a sound that has similar characteristics as Eden.
I hope thats not too much to ask?

Edited by saibuster

Sounds like you want the Eden Nemesis NSP210 then.

Very punchy sound, well-built, weighs 37lbs.

They only made them for a few years, and they used to retail for about $600 which somehow translated into £450 over here!

Mine is currently paired with the NSP115, but I'm waiting for the completion of The Big One by Alex Claber ...

(Edit: Just remind me, what was the problem with the ho's and the drugs?)

Edited by Happy Jack

No indication of budget? Dont know how they compare to Eden cos I never used it, but the Genz Benz Shuttle and NeoX210T (50 lbs) would be a cracking rig. Eden do a D210XST Neo cab that comes in at 49 lbs and the Nemesis N210RS at 47 lbs.

Tecamp do some nice light cabs and amps as well. These have not been available but seeing as BGM reviewed some this month I assume they will be in the shops soon. The S210 is 39 lbs and the M210 40 lbs.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='416492' date='Feb 22 2009, 09:24 AM'](Edit: Just remind me, what was the problem with the ho's and the drugs?)[/quote]

Well its not really a problem, but i need an amp and i cant have both!

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='416540' date='Feb 22 2009, 11:16 AM']No indication of budget? Dont know how they compare to Eden cos I never used it, but the Genz Benz Shuttle and NeoX210T (50 lbs) would be a cracking rig. Eden do a D210XST Neo cab that comes in at 49 lbs and the Nemesis N210RS at 47 lbs.

Tecamp do some nice light cabs and amps as well. These have not been available but seeing as BGM reviewed some this month I assume they will be in the shops soon. The S210 is 39 lbs and the M210 40 lbs.[/quote]

Well i'm thinking around the 800£, i think that should be enough for a second hand amp + cab, im looking to get around the 500 watts as i have to compete with two watts hungry metal guitarist.

By the way, the reason i like Eden so much is that it sound seem to work very nicely with warwick basses. To my ears Eden emphasizes the same frequencies that tend to pick
with my warwick (low mid growl, sweet highs).

I got BGM this weekend, didnt have a chance to read about Tecamp, i think they are fairly new not sure i'll get much luck getting them second hand.

[quote name='gary mac' post='416570' date='Feb 22 2009, 12:20 PM']For gigging I'm currently using a Genz Benz shuttle 6 and two Mark Bass 2 x 10's and for rehearsing just one of the 2 x 10's.

Really pleased with it and cuts through nicely, even with four guitars ;). keyboards and drums.[/quote]

So it seems like the combination of Markbass + Genz Benz seems to be a consensus. How would you describe the sound you get out of it?

I am not convinced about Markbass cabs. Your budget will strech to the Nemesis RS400 but if you want proper Eden you need to look for used. There was a couple of David Series 2x10's for sale but they were not the neo and I cant recall anyone having the neo's.

There have been a few Genz Shuttles sold on recently so you might be lucky.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='416706' date='Feb 22 2009, 04:35 PM']I am not convinced about Markbass cabs. Your budget will strech to the Nemesis RS400 but if you want proper Eden you need to look for used. There was a couple of David Series 2x10's for sale but they were not the neo and I cant recall anyone having the neo's.

There have been a few Genz Shuttles sold on recently so you might be lucky.[/quote]

[url="http://www.thebassgallery.com/nemesis.html"]http://www.thebassgallery.com/nemesis.html[/url]

check this out, as far as i understand the Nemesis is the budget range of Eden, i can get a new amp + cab for less than 800. Also there is no mention about them
being lightweight. Eden has a neo series, but it seems like no one in the world has ever tried them. They also released a new class D amp at namm 09, but i dont think
i would be able to afford it new.

[quote name='saibuster' post='416689' date='Feb 22 2009, 04:07 PM']I got BGM this weekend, didnt have a chance to read about Tecamp, i think they are fairly new not sure i'll get much luck getting them second hand.[/quote]

For Tecamp also see Tech Soundsystems; same company different name. They've been going years and the later 'neo' Tech Soundsystems cabs are essentially identical to the recent Tecamp neos. They also do a 'budget' range under the SECO brand (http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39142&hl=seco not a 2x10 but you get an idea of spec and weight).

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='416853' date='Feb 22 2009, 07:39 PM']For Tecamp also see Tech Soundsystems; same company different name. They've been going years and the later 'neo' Tech Soundsystems cabs are essentially identical to the recent Tecamp neos. They also do a 'budget' range under the SECO brand (http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39142&hl=seco not a 2x10 but you get an idea of spec and weight).[/quote]

Nice one, i'll keep my eyes open. Since you are already here warwickhunt, is there any consensus among warwick players on which amp/cab works best with
the signature warwick sound?

[quote name='saibuster' post='416963' date='Feb 22 2009, 09:36 PM']Nice one, i'll keep my eyes open. Since you are already here warwickhunt, is there any consensus among warwick players on which amp/cab works best with
the signature warwick sound?[/quote]

If only it were that simple! ;)

Seriously though, what we each hear and want to hear out of our gear is so personal that the sky is the limit. I love my Warwicks through the Thunderfunk and Aggie cabs I have at the minute but I've equally had a quality tone from Glock, H&K... you get the picture.