lowregisterhead

Lakland 55-94 Deluxe - SOLD
£2200
Woking

Posted (edited)

NOW SOLD

For sale is my Lakland 55-94 Deluxe, trans amber with a beautiful flame maple top, and a maple neck with a stunning birdseye maple fingerboard. It's an early one, the serial number (55xx) dating it to 1998. I bought it from its previous owner in the States a number of years ago, and it came with Aguilar pickups and a Mike Pope preamp already installed. I also have the original Bartolini pickups and NTMB-L preamp and pots, which are included in the sale. The bass comes complete with a G&G lined hardcase.

For a 22-year old bass, it's in great condition, but in the interests of full disclosure there are a few small dings here and there which I've tried to show in the photographs. It's been well looked after, so it's in very good order for its age. At only 3.9kg, it's light for a five string, and balances on a strap beautifully. It's 35" scale, with 19mm spacing at the bridge, and through body or bridge stringing. The see-thru scratchplate is removable.

Edited by lowregisterhead
  • Like 6

Another lovely bass Dave . You do have an awesome collection .

I'd say good luck with the sale , but I know that this is one of your main basses , so not being sold lightly .

Best of luck .

Paul .

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, E sharp said:

Another lovely bass Dave . You do have an awesome collection .

I'd say good luck with the sale , but I know that this is one of your main basses , so not being sold lightly .

Best of luck .

Paul .

Thanks Paul, as sales go, it's a very reluctant one!

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Oh man dont do it... These early 5594,s are so special. I have 1999 5594 Deluxe....The golden era of Lakland without a doubt.  They dont offer 5594,s with the birdseye fret boards any more without a huge £ charge. That quilted maple is pretty insane also.. one of a kind proper Lakland 5594 you have there.

Edited by bubinga5
  • Thanks 1

came here to hear what the different pickups and pre sounded like... what a great looking and sounding bass! :)

• Thanks 1

Wow, man, you are massively tempting me with your Laklands, really love the blue one also, but I prefer a maple fretboarded, and couldn't afford to collect more than needed...  and here it is,  my wish is fulfilled.. :DDD 

love the sound but I had some 35" basses recently, and can't decide it  would be comfortable...

• Thanks 1

Don't say, that you have 34" version to sell also...   :D

1 minute ago, SzunaP said:

Don't say, that you have 34" version to sell also...   :D

Unfortunately not! 🙂 This one's only a inch longer - it's nothing! 😁

Do you wanna do a big sale out? Or just one instrument have to go, any of your collection?

I have a friend of mine living in Eaton, and now realised it's just a half an hour to go... 😈  I will face sleepless nights... :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SzunaP said:

Do you wanna do a big sale out? Or just one instrument have to go, any of your collection?

I have a friend of mine living in Eaton, and now realised it's just a half an hour to go... 😈  I will face sleepless nights... :D

There's just this 55-94 and my 55-76 for sale... that's all for now! 🙂

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Simone Masina
      Wonderful P Bass with wonderful old school sound, perfect conditions
      !!! YouTube Video Test HERE !!!
      Ash body, Indian Laurel fretboard, Maple neck
      Same pickup of USA Lakland
      Just a very little ding (see pic above)
      Full specs here https://www.lakland.com/pro…/skyline-series-44-64-vintage-p/
      Sold with Flat or Round, your choice!
      I can ship worldwide at buyers expense ✈️
      No trade please

• By ladze
      Up for sale is my really exceptional bass US Lakland 44-64 PJ with the Jazz bass neck profile (nut 1.5" = 38mm).
      Serial number BG20 means that is the first year of Bob Glaub - 44-64 production (2001) and it is supposed to be the first PJ in the US Lakland production history.

Alder body, maple neck in quarter-sawn cut (I have never seen such a nice and even cut), rosewood fingerboard, Lake Placid Blue colour, Lindy Fralin pickups, Hipshot tuning machines and special designed bridge with two options of strings installation - "through body" and classic "on bridge", Elixir nickel wound strings, original pickup cover and GATOR foam case included.
      Weight 4,3kg. There are couple of scratches and dings on the body but the bass is in great condition at all. This bass sounds really amazing!!!

More photos on request. Please - no trade offers!
      Shipping to UK or EU included.

• By davidak
      Up for sale is my Lakland US Joe Osborn signature. 
      It is 16th Osborn ever made, year 1998. Has "Joe Osborn" on front of headstock, as only fist 100 or so had. Also have real Joe's signature on the back of the headstock, Joe signed it for previous owner on some Lakland event back in 2005.

Typical Joe Osborn specs - alder body, quartersawn maple neck, rosewood fretboard, Lindy Fralin pickups. Rare daphne blue colour and pearloid pickguard.

Excellent condition for its age.
      Bass is located in Czech Republic and price is EU shipping in OHSC included.

• By lowregisterhead
      PRICE REDUCED TO £2250.....
      VIDEO DEMO HERE:
      I'm offering for sale my very rare Lakland 55-76 Deluxe. This bass is the holy grail for Stingray fans who would like a wider string spacing and 35" scale. It has a Teal burst finish over a flame maple top, maple neck with ebony fingerboard, and 19mm spacing at the bridge, with thru-body or bridge stringing. It also has a removable Stingray-style see-thru scratchplate. Weight is 4.3kg.
      I bought it a while back from a guy in the Netherlands as a fretless, and had it fretted by a very skilled luthier who has the distinction of having re-fretted some of Peter Green's guitars, so I knew it was in pretty safe hands. The result was astonishing - the ebony board has such a sheen on it you can literally see your face in it. Not surprisingly, it also plays beautifully, and has that big, fat Stingray sound in spades, with the legendary Lakland B string. The oddity about this particular bass is that it has no serial number - the assumption is that it was made very early on, perhaps even the first or prototype of the model. This would place its date of manufacture at somewhere in the mid-90's, when Lakland was still in its infancy. Although it will certainly be US made, it also doesn't have the usual 'Made in the USA' stamp on the back of the neck, giving more credence to its early manufacture date. The tuners are Hipshot in design, but with no markings. (I have a Lakland 55-94 whose serial number dates it to 1998 that also doesn't have the USA neck stamp, and has the same style of tuners.)
      It's in excellent condition for a 20+ year old bass. There's a small crack in the lacquer next to the neck pocket, and a couple of tiny dings on the body that I've tried to show in the photographs, but otherwise it's in extremely good shape.
      Now we come to the colour. I've tried photographing it with three different cameras, but it always comes out more blue than it appears to the naked eye - in reality it's closer to a Teal Green. Any interested parties are very welcome to pay me a visit to have a closer look at it. I'm near Woking in Surrey, a few minutes from junction 10 of the M25. Sorry, no visitors for now, I'm afraid - perhaps once things have settled down a bit!
      The pickup (although it has no markings that I can see, the consensus seems to be that it's a Seymour Duncan) is wired to a 3-way coil tap switch (parallel, single coil, series switching) with a Bartolini NTMB-L918 3-band preamp with a push/pull volume pot for active/passive switching. I fitted the chrome knobs, but the original black rubberised ones are also included. The bass comes complete with a Hiscox Liteflite case.
      I believe that you can still get this model from Lakland as a special order, but with the build cost, deluxe burst finish, ebony fingerboard, Bartolini electronics, Seymour Duncan pickup, shipping and import duty, it would take several months and you wouldn't get much change out of five grand. Also (and I say this as a huge Lakland fan) in my opinion the older ones are just better made. Taking all that into consideration, the reduced price I'm asking of £2500 £2250 plus shipping is surely an absolute bargain. Payment by cash on collection or bank transfer/Transferwise. Sorry, but I'm only looking for a straight sale, so no trade offers please.

• By nohavada
      Hello brothers and sisters,

I am offering my Skyline Pbass. I bought it used in 2017 on Ebay and was my No.1 bass until recently. Has been gigged a lot but no significant scratches or dents apart from one cca 1cm scratch on the back on the bass and is not visible while playing. Sunburst looks really nice with the black pickguard and it also comes with an original white one. Ash body, comfy neck with 1,75 Inches wide nut, Hipshot ultralites and Lakland  bridge with a string-through-body option.  Brand new ernie ball strings

600 GBP/700 EUR 
      Located in Prague

In case of any questions, DM me, I can take more photos if needed.

Price lowered

Cheers!