Why become a member? ×

Quiz Game

dmccombe7

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

I saw them a few times, one of the best concerts ever, the wall at Earl’s Court 

Was at that too. Quite a weekend for us travelled on overnight train with a carry out of beer and some sandwiches. Pub during day, sat in Hyde park sipping beer, concert at night, slept in Euston station in a safe area with olice ensuring pickpockets were kept at bay from the sleeping Scots. Very much appreciated by us all. Train home in morning. Quite an event.

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SICbass said:

Norman Wisdom?

...coat.

I was very young. Lived in a tower block and they used to organise bus trip and nights out. We went as a family. My Dad was a big fan of his comedy and my mother enjoyed his singing and piano playing. Also saw Francie a Josie (Rikki Fulton) Good old Glesga humour.

Dave

41 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

I was very young. Lived in a tower block and they used to organise bus trip and nights out. We went as a family. My Dad was a big fan of his comedy and my mother enjoyed his singing and piano playing. Also saw Francie a Josie (Rikki Fulton) Good old Glesga humour.

Dave

Edited by Reggaebass

44 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Was at that too. Quite a weekend for us travelled on overnight train with a carry out of beer and some sandwiches. Pub during day, sat in Hyde park sipping beer, concert at night, slept in Euston station in a safe area with olice ensuring pickpockets were kept at bay from the sleeping Scots. Very much appreciated by us all. Train home in morning. Quite an event.

Dave

If I remember rightly Dave, didn’t the concert start with the song, tear down the wall 

1 minute ago, Reggaebass said:

If I remember rightly Dave, didn’t the concert start with the song, tear down the wall 

I can't remember but i still have the programme. I just remember a big plane flying over the arena. The wall slowly built up over the first few songs until Snowy white took over the guitar work at one point. Was just a fantastic show tho.

here's set list

Set one[edit]

1. "In the Flesh?"
  2. "The Thin Ice"
  3. "Another Brick in the Wall (Part I)"
  4. "The Happiest Days of Our Lives"
  5. "Another Brick in the Wall (Part II)"
  6. "Mother"
  7. "Goodbye Blue Sky"
  8. "Empty Spaces"
  9. "What Shall We Do Now?"
  10. "Young Lust"