Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz 1973 Vintage - stunning condition

Lysdexia

• All original parts.
• Body refinished to the highest professional standard by the incomparable Jimmy Moon - luthier to the stars.
• Premium Hiscox case
• Plays like a dream
• Sounds even better than it plays.
• [b]Free[/b], insured, worldwide shipping.

Big price yes, but huge value @ £3299.00 which takes £200 off the eBay price representing the deduction of their quite horrific charges and this one is only going to increase in value. More importantly, it's a stunning instrument that will deliver all those much loved, classic Fender Jazz tones.

As ever - more pics to follow ;) Edited by Lysdexia

[quote name='josh3184' post='411862' date='Feb 17 2009, 12:17 PM']JUST BECAUSE YOU POST IT WITH A HOT GIRL DOESNT MEAN I WANT... to... er...um...<cough>... what?[/quote]

Under [b]no[/b] circumstances will the bass be posted with a hot girl ;)

But, who wouldn't want it?

• 2 months later...

[quote name='YouMa' post='486216' date='May 12 2009, 06:16 PM']Its a beautiful bass but does refinishing not seriously devalue a vintage instrument rather than push the price up? Anyone know about this.[/quote]

It depends on whether you want a vintage instrument for tones and playability and a choice of battered or gleaming finish.

I had valued the instument on it's playability and tone - absolutely wonderful as they are and not on the finish. Others have different views.

But, I'm open to offers and don't now expect to get what I had originally asked for.

I could beat it up if required :)

[quote name='YouMa' post='486216' date='May 12 2009, 06:16 PM']Its a beautiful bass but does refinishing not seriously devalue a vintage instrument rather than push the price up? Anyone know about this.[/quote]

Yes. Unfortunately - refinishing a vintage guitar/bass [b]halves[/b] its market value. That's the law of the vintage guitar jungle. No matter how good the re-finish (& wow - that is a lovely looking re-finish!) that's what happens to its market value. That may not seem to make any sense - but that's the way it is.
:|

Edited by 99ster

It sure is a lovely bass - and a great era for lightweight Jazzes - but this is almost certainly a '74 not a '73 due to the white, not black, blocks and the thumb rest being located on the E string side of the plate - both recognised '74 Fender Jazz appointments.
In the vintage bass market a refin is a refin; it's always been that way and always will unfortunately. People pay a premium for the originality of a bass and the finish (the body paint) is probably the most crucial element, irrespective of its actual condition.
Still, if you get the money you're asking then you'll done really well - Jimmy Moon did a beautiful job!

[quote name='Nickytwister' post='486657' date='May 13 2009, 09:44 AM']It sure is a lovely bass - and a great era for lightweight Jazzes - but this is almost certainly a '74 not a '73 due to the white, not black, blocks and the thumb rest being located on the E string side of the plate[/quote]
...still could be a '73. It was a period of transition, to quote Van Morrison.