Why become a member? ×

GOD I LOVE THIN LIZZY!

timloudon

I was at junior school with a girl called Elizabeth Clegg who was a little on the er... chubby side. I thought it would be funny to tell her that she should form a rock band and call it Fat Cleggy (rather than Thin Lizzy).
She kicked me in the nuts.

I learnt a valuable lesson that day.

[quote name='RayFW' post='406612' date='Feb 11 2009, 04:47 PM']I was at junior school with a girl called Elizabeth Clegg who was a little on the er... chubby side. I thought it would be funny to tell her that she should form a rock band and call it Fat Cleggy (rather than Thin Lizzy).

I learnt a valuable lesson that day.[/quote]

Yeap, you were standing 6 inches too close.

[quote name='RayFW' post='406612' date='Feb 11 2009, 04:47 PM']I was at junior school with a girl called Elizabeth Clegg who was a little on the er... chubby side. I thought it would be funny to tell her that she should form a rock band and call it Fat Cleggy (rather than Thin Lizzy).

I learnt a valuable lesson that day.[/quote]

;) I bet she's on facebook now and a complete stunner!

I've just been watching the L&D show on Sky Arts (for about the 3rd time this year!).

However this time I dragged out a bass and a pick and had great fun playing along with some of the songs.

I'd forgotten how much fun playing with a pick can be!

Still love Phil & the L&D album in particular, doesn't bother me one bit that there were a lot of overdubs after the event ;)

[quote name='molan' post='408521' date='Feb 13 2009, 01:08 PM']Hope you will be using a P bass & pick for that authentic Lynott sound ;)[/quote]

Streamer Stage I rolled onto the P pup... or I might just upset everyone and use my Bolin (which joking aside actually does a very convincing P bass sound). :P

<edit>

...and yes I am using a nice heavy pick! :)

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='408558' date='Feb 13 2009, 01:26 PM']Streamer Stage I rolled onto the P pup... or I might just upset everyone and use my Bolin (which joking aside actually does a very convincing P bass sound). :P

<edit>

...and yes I am using a nice heavy pick! :)[/quote]

Don't Believe a Word is my favourite to play - shame the fast version is so short though ;)

[quote name='molan' post='408561' date='Feb 13 2009, 01:29 PM']Don't Believe a Word is my favourite to play - shame the fast version is so short though ;)[/quote]

We are doing the extended remix Gary Moore version with s. l. o. w. intro, which extends it to nearly 7 minutes.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzpMBscDNbM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzpMBscDNbM[/url]

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='408569' date='Feb 13 2009, 01:33 PM']We are doing the extended remix Gary Moore version with s. l. o. w. intro, which extends it to nearly 7 minutes.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzpMBscDNbM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzpMBscDNbM[/url][/quote]

That's my favourite version!

Although obviously having Phil on vox improves it (not quite as long though!) ;)

[quote name='molan' post='408591' date='Feb 13 2009, 01:47 PM']Good spot, I hadn't noticed that!

Did you see Gary Moore has a broken string?[/quote]

;) I did just spot that at the end the 2nd time I just played it through and was about to comment. Was it the heavy E string? If it was then it is just as well he didn't have some fancy Floyd Rose floating trem jobbie guitar, otherwise his whole solo would have required a bit more work to keep it in tune. :P