Hellzero

!!! SOLD !!! MUSIC MAN (ERNIE BALL) StingRay 5 fretted with a rare one piece light ash body and the "shell" pickguard.
£1175
Etalle, South Belgium

Posted (edited)

MUSIC MAN (ERNIE BALL) StingRay 5 fretted with a rare one piece light ash body and the "shell" pickguard.

For sale only as I'm thinning down the herd (again).

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £1175 GBP !!!

In fully working condition and in excellent overall condition.

Here are the specifications :

Body : one piece light ash body

Neck : 6 screws bolt-on maple

Fingerboard : rosewood

Frets : 22 (no wear)

Headstock : typical Music Man 4 + 1 shape

Pickup : Music Man AlNiCo

Preamp : Music Man 3 bands with 3 positions switch

Controls : volume, treble, mid, bass, 3 positions switch (series/series filtered/parallel)

Tuners : Music Man

Bridges : Music Man

Strings spacing at bridge : 17.5 mm

Nut : bone

Strings spacing at nut : 9.5 mm

Knobs : original black metal

Scale : 34 inches

Hardware colour : chrome

Truss rod : 1 (fully working)

Finish : natural gloss slightly yellowed with original shell pickguard

Land of craftsmanship : USA

Serial number : E29111

Year : 15th of March 2002

Weight : 4.3 kilos

Action : from 1.5 mm under the G string to 2 mm under the B string at 12th fret (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with the original Music Man StingRay hard case (which was still a paid option in 2002).

Non-smoking environment as usual.

I'm only selling this bass because I'm thinning down the herd as I've just acquired a Status S2 Classic 5 headed fretless, which suits my taste better than any fretted bass.

Here is the link to the StingRay 5 page https://www.music-man.co.uk/instruments/basses/stingray-5

The bass has been fully set up professionally by Christophe LEDUC. It has a new battery and is fitted with a brand new set of D'Addario EXL170-5 nickel round wound strings (45 - 65 - 80 - 100 - 130), which fit the bass to perfection.

What you see is what you get !

Look at the pictures taken under different angles to see the real condition : almost in new condition with the very few scratches, the most "important" ones being on the headstock (bloody low ceilings).

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

Edited by Hellzero
AlNiCo pickup
  • Like 10

Thanks, they are more than 400 years old...

5 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Thanks, they are more than 400 years old...

Half your age then!

• Haha 4

Please allow me to introduce myself :

Methuselah is my name.

10 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Please allow me to introduce myself :

Methuselah is my name.

I didn't know you were a Meth User... bad for your teeth I hear. 

• Haha 1

somebody buy this already, i’m fed up with coming back to this post, i don’t need this, i’m having a hard time with 4 strings as it is... having said that, maybe i could take 2 strings off here, make a living with 3 and use the extra space, build a small cottage, use it as a workspace, maybe rent it out when the circus is in town, have elephants for tea and biscuits, we could jam 24/7, trombones are far underrated except when they’re overrated, which is in a way always, so you see there’s signs of justice everywhere except in this post... time wasted wisely, right?

• Haha 1

On hold. :)

And sold. :)

ffs, finally! thanks to whoever bought it for keeping me safe from domestic violence #angrywife

• Haha 1

Don't worry, I'll put another ad soon...