Why become a member? ×

G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow

dub_junkie

2001 ASAT semi hollow in cherryburst.I took this in part ex for my Bongo.both parties are happy
not a mark on the ASAT. will be A/B ing it later against my regular solid bodied ASAT.in the interim here are the pics
cheers
DJ

Edited by dub_junkie

As Billy Dangledagger once said:

"Beware the green eyed monster."

I shall heed that advice, as said monster is currently stood over my shoulder whispering "You'd look better than anyone else with one of those round your neck." He obviously hasn't seen my bank statements!!

Great purchase!!

DaN

Thats beautiful!!
One of the few pics recently thats giving me GAS

I've always liked the ASATs, must be my softspot for the Telecaster asthetics :)
How do both your ASATs sound, what kinda tones can you get from them?
What is the balance like also, as the bodies are quite small!?

Si

Edited by Sibob

Sibob,

The two sound further apart acoustically than they do plugged in, the MFD pickups and the electronics are the same on both
Lots of different tones from them both,and its fairly easy with a couple of switch throws to jump from one usable tone to another. In a band setting they cut through much better than my musicman and sound bigger too. I prefer the sound of these basses and the L2000s to any other I've heard.
They dont balance the greatest but if you play with the neck angled up a bit when standing then its fine.
I just love the look,vibe,tone and aura of these basses.imo they are pretty special :)
DJ

Sibob,the gold one I got from geddy's nose back in March of this year for £550 and with the cash difference against my Bongo the hollowbody worked out the same.I dont ever see them for sale with retailers here,maybe someone else here knows who sells them in the UK. I do keep an eye on ebay and a company called Nitrotone Music in the states,who do the odd G&L blowout deal.Buffalo bros are another US retailer who move quite a few G&Ls.I got my Legacy 6 stringer from them.

tonewise maybe another ASAT or L2K/L2500 owner can chime in and describe them better.to me they're G&L and just different from most out there. big and bold and most definetely versatile I'd say :)

and Si,I've no plans to move on the gold one.I've grown very very fond of this bass since I got it from you.It earns its keep.

cheers

DJ