Why become a member? ×

Richard Stilgoe - £40 ONO

JJTee

[u][b]Richard Stilgoe[/b][/u]

Frequent Dictionary Corner guest on Countdown. Former presenter of BBC childrens's show Finders-Keepers, and past High Sheriff of Surrey. Bought a couple of years ago on a whim, has been stored unused in the garage - never gigged, excellent condition. Great at word-play, lyrics and puns. More details available here: [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stilgoe"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stilgoe[/url]

[s][b]£50 - collection only.[/b][/s] [b][size=4]£40 ONO[/size][/b]

Edited by JJTee

Well, he was ungigged in the time I had him. Could hear him practicing on his keyboards in the garage most evenings, running through a few amusing musical limericks and vignettes. I could do a 3 for 2 and throw in a mint condition Bernard Cribbins, and slightly tatty Terry Nutkins (finger missing, right hand - nasty otter accident)

Edited by JJTee

I worked at the woolwich a few years back in london.I had to go through a lot of old accounts,it was there conversion project thing.You would sh*t yourself if you knew how much stillgoe is worth,and roger barretts account was amazing.

[quote name='JJTee' post='394170' date='Jan 28 2009, 11:01 PM']Well, he was ungigged in the time I had him. Could hear him practicing on his keyboards in the garage most evenings, running through a few amusing musical limericks and vignettes. I could do a 3 for 2 and throw in a mint condition Bernard Cribbins, and slightly tatty Terry Nutkins (finger missing, right hand - nasty otter accident)

[/quote]

Not sure I'd want Benard Cribbens, every time he was on Doctor Who playing Catherine Tate's Grandad I would well up.

Yep - fully flightcased, with a polishing cloth too. I got OBBM to knock up some special power cables for him too, so you can run him off the mains rather than batteries.

[quote name='YouMa' post='396278' date='Jan 31 2009, 05:40 PM']Bump for your Richard stilgoe,does he come with a hard case?[/quote]

[quote name='JJTee' post='396328' date='Jan 31 2009, 07:55 PM']Yep - fully flightcased, with a polishing cloth too. I got OBBM to knock up some special power cables for him too, so you can run him off the mains rather than batteries.[/quote]
These analog third rate celebrities are getting really collectable these days,im very tempted.

[quote name='JJTee' post='396328' date='Jan 31 2009, 06:55 PM']Yep - fully flightcased, with a polishing cloth too. I got OBBM to knock up some special power cables for him too, so you can run him off the mains rather than batteries.[/quote]
Can you turn the automatic music setting off, or down at least?

Generally Richard is pretty co-operative: If you ask him to "tone it down a bit" or suggest "hey, Richard, could you hold back for a few minutes", he's usually pretty good. BUT, if has had a couple of ports or has been on the gin he can get a little argumentative and bang on about "don't you know who I AM?! Finders-keepers was up there with Take Hart, Silus and Battle of the Planets in terms of viewing figures" You know, usual E-list star ego.

YouMa's right though, these 5th-rate celebrities are pretty popular at the moment. I picked up a 2 for 1 on Simon Bates & Hugh Scully on an eBay auction last week.

Been on the lookout for a vintage Danny Kendal. Not one of the re-issue ones mind, either an original or Sovtek russian version from the 80's: Willing to pay full whack, or trade for an original Roland Browning:
[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='396341' date='Jan 31 2009, 07:08 PM']Can you turn the automatic music setting off, or down at least?[/quote]

Edited by JJTee

[quote name='JJTee' post='396398' date='Jan 31 2009, 09:22 PM']Generally Richard is pretty co-operative: If you ask him to "tone it down a bit" or suggest "hey, Richard, could you hold back for a few minutes", he's usually pretty good. BUT, if has had a couple of ports or has been on the gin he can get a little argumentative and bang on about "don't you know who I AM?! Finders-keepers was up there with Take Hart, Silus and Battle of the Planets in terms of viewing figures" You know, usual E-list star ego.

YouMa's right though, these 5th-rate celebrities are pretty popular at the moment. I picked up a 2 for 1 on Simon Bates & Hugh Scully on an eBay auction last week.

Been on the lookout for a vintage Danny Kendal. Not one of the re-issue ones mind, either an original or Sovtek russian version from the 80's: Willing to pay full whack, or trade for an original Roland Browning: [/quote]
That Kendal is cool ill do a trade on obscure 70s broadcaster Robert Dougall

[quote name='YouMa' post='396417' date='Jan 31 2009, 08:37 PM']That Kendal is cool ill do a trade on obscure 70s broadcaster Robert Dougall[/quote]

Thanks for the offer, but I'm after a Kenneth Kendal to go with any prospective Danny Kendal purchase - a double Kendal is worth a fortune in the US and Japanese markets, particulary with the original box and instructions:

If I don't manage to shift Richard Stilgoe, Kenneth will be good company for him in the garage - they were apparently members of the same golf club (Walton Heath I think), during the late 70's, and were members of the same Lodge in Reigate.

Edited by JJTee

[quote name='JJTee' post='396466' date='Jan 31 2009, 10:32 PM']Thanks for the offer, but I'm after a Kenneth Kendal to go with any prospective Danny Kendal purchase - a double Kendal is worth a fortune in the US and Japanese markets, particulary with the original box and instructions:

If I don't manage to shift Richard Stilgoe, Kenneth will be good company for him in the garage - they were apparently members of the same golf club (Walton Heath I think), during the late 70's, and were members of the same Lodge in Reigate.[/quote]
Dude i have really bad GAS for an original Kendal and some of the other 80s built grange hill stars,especially the ones with blocks and binding.Im going to stick my neck out here and offer an all original 60s call my bluff presenter Frank Muir,its the one with the germainium transistors,these original ones are extremely rare.By the way thats a hell of a collection you have there.Lucky sod.

[quote name='YouMa' post='396473' date='Jan 31 2009, 09:43 PM']Dude i have really bad GAS for an original Kendal and some of the other 80s built grange hill stars,especially the ones with blocks and binding.Im going to stick my neck out here and offer an all original 60s call my bluff presenter Frank Muir,its the one with the germainium transistors,these original ones are extremely rare.By the way thats a hell of a collection you have there.Lucky sod.[/quote]

Your in luck - I'm after a Muir to go with my vintage Dennis Norden. Willing to trade one of my 80's Grange Hill stars:

Pre-CBS Scruffy McGuffy, with replacement Badass II bridge:

Or a Musitronics (non of this Haz nonsense) Mrs McCluskey:

Would possibly consider a trade for my mint condition Bullet Baxter with blocks and binding (original tracksuit and beard, Aguilar OBP-1 pre-amp replacement), but would want Muir + cash:

Edited by JJTee

[quote name='JJTee' post='396489' date='Jan 31 2009, 10:17 PM']Your in luck - I'm after a Muir to go with my vintage Dennis Norden. Willing to trade one of my 80's Grange Hill stars:

Pre-CBS Scruffy McGuffy, with replacement Badass II bridge:

Or a Musitronics (non of this Haz nonsense) Mrs McCluskey:

Would possibly consider a trade for my mint condition Bullet Baxter with blocks and binding (original tracksuit and beard, Aguilar OBP-1 pre-amp replacement), but would want Muir + cash: [/quote]
I would love to take that 70s bullett Baxter off your hands looks like some finish missing on the top part though(more mojo though i suppose) I havent got the cash at the moment,but i could give you the vintage Frank Muir and throw in a 70s john craven,perfect condition apart from a bit of the usual fading of the laquer,and a couple of tiny dings. You have to admit this is a superb example of these sought after newscasters.

[quote name='YouMa' post='396517' date='Jan 31 2009, 11:03 PM']I would love to take that 70s bullett Baxter off your hands looks like some finish missing on the top part though(more mojo though i suppose) I havent got the cash at the moment,but i could give you the vintage Frank Muir and throw in a 70s john craven,perfect condition apart from a bit of the usual fading of the laquer,and a couple of tiny dings. You have to admit this is a superb example of these sought after newscasters.[/quote]

You have yourself a deal sir - I assume Craven comes with the standard 'Newsround' hardcase, and not the later Countryfile softcase? I've been after a craven for a while to help complete my Swapshop collection: already have myself a 70's edmonds and an early 90's Philbin. Give me a shout if you have a pre-Cheggars Plays Pop Keith Chegwin.