Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

2 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I’ve heard quite a bit of tribal seeds  they are a great band, but I didn’t know the others, thanks for that @ubit 👍

Salmonella Dub and The Black Seeds are New Zealand bands. I have all of their material and believe me, its worth it. I am a dyed in the wool rocker but reggae has always held a special place in my heart.

• Like 1

In 1983 I was a student living in a commune with 4 other students. We were in the habit of listening to loud reggae (Black Uhuru, Jimmy Cliff, Scientist, Third World, Gregory Isaacs and many more) amid clouds of ganja smoke. One day, our neighbour approached us. He was a youngish chap with a wife and young kids, and of conservative demeanour. We were expecting a complaint about the loud music, but instead he accepted a hit or two and produced a cassette tape which included, among other things, this:

Edited by pigface
  • Like 2

Nice Bassline @pigface , and what a great story ,similarly,     my neighbor knocked on my door a while ago and I thought it was to complain about the bass, but she said, can you tell me what song that is that you are playing only I really like that 😄, it was this tune 🙂

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Nice Bassline @pigface , and what a great story ,similarly,     my neighbor knocked on my door a while ago and I thought it was to complain about the bass, but she said, can you tell me what song that is that you are playing only I really like that 😄, it was this tune 🙂

Yes, people can surprise you sometimes 🙂 That's a good tune. No wonder she liked it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ubit said:

How good is this?

Just can’t beat a bit of Marley, I’ve got so many but the one I like playing more is probably this, and I’ve added a really nice version by Danny Morris with Anthony vitty  , from his groove yard 

• Like 1