Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

Been setting up the classroom in the school I work in ready for the kids tomorrow. I brought in my speakers and lined up some Jimmy Cliff first thing and just let Spotify do it's thing and keep rolling. We've all been bopping to banging Reggae all day! I couldn't tell you what a lot of it was much of it has been new to me and the girls here have been loving it. Sweet vibes all day and we're ready for anything now! 🌞

• Like 2

I listened to an album today that I wasn’t familiar with, it’s by the Mighty Travellers and called Black Black Minds , it was out around 1977 and when I looked deeper it was sly and Robbie backing some of the songs , this was around the time of the Aggrovators 

and this one is backed by The High Times Band apparently , and Chris Meredith on bass I believe 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have no need (or £) for a new Bass, but with a red/tort scratchplate this would be a Reggae machine!

image.png.1831b1f24a7d72e0a88a28ca369a68a1.png

https://bassbros.co.uk/product/2013-fender-japan-jb-62-qt-jazz-bass-reissue-mij/

.......although nowadays, seeing as I'm no Rasta, it might just be seen as cultural appropriation?!?

I've been listening to this a lot through this recent heatwave:

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, SumOne said:

.......although nowadays, seeing as I'm no Rasta, it might just be seen as cultural appropriation?!?

The red gold and green is symbolic of Jamaica rather than Rastafarianism. CA is such a can of worms, but I think you would be safe with this.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

The red gold and green is symbolic of Jamaica rather than Rastafarianism. CA is such a can of worms, but I think you would be safe with this.

Yeah, I don't think people are generally as easily offended as certain media likes to make people think.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

Red, Gold, Green has Rasta symbolism: https://www.rastaknowledge.com/2020/12/28/red-gold-and-green-what-do-these-colour-mean-in-rastafari/ but is often used to symbolise related stuff like Reggae and Jamaica.

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 1