Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

1 minute ago, SumOne said:

I got it as a Christmas present (basically to myself with my wife claiming credit although I paid for it, ordered it, and it wasn't wrapped up!

the same  happens to me every year 😂, the album looks kinda familiar, I’ll have a listen 👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fishfacefour said:

Just been sent this link too, not strictly all reggae but mostly reggae adjacent 8 hour mix of 80s island records rarities

https://www.nts.live/shows/trevorjackson/episodes/trevor-jackson-island-records-30th-december-2021

Nice one ☝️ I’ll check that out, don’t think I’ve come across nts live 

NTS are great. Coming from a dance culture background but there's such a diversity of shows covering jazz reggae soul funk rock and experimental alongside the more usual underground dancefloor stuff.

Their archives are comprehensive but I always get overwhelmed with the choice though!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fishfacefour said:

NTS are great. Coming from a dance culture background but there's such a diversity of shows covering jazz reggae soul funk rock and experimental alongside the more usual underground dancefloor stuff.

Their archives are comprehensive but I always get overwhelmed with the choice though!

I had a quick flick through the dub shows , the NABIHAH IQBAL - GREENSLEEVES RECORDS SPECIAL sounds good 

• Like 1

Despite having a copy tucked away somewhere, I hadn't ever twigged that It Hurt's So Good was a Millie Jackson hit. Here's a nice little evolution of the song from the original:

through the Millie Jackson hit:

and on to the version we all love:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mykesbass said:

Heard this yesterday - bass tone is so good. Warm and fat with just a tiny bit of percussive attack. 

Great one myke👍, I recognise the Answer riddim/Bassline , used on many tracks over the years , I’d like to find the original , I know cornel Campbell had this one out around 77 

• Like 1