Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

On 22/12/2021 at 13:16, SumOne said:

Johnny Osbourne, truth and rights. 

Wheeel up! 

Love this track, and although not strictly reggae zero7 did an amazing cover of this. The bass line belongs in this thread 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Al Campbell, first released on studio 1 around 1970

There were so many good tunes and musicians, early recordings always remind me of blues parties in Birmingham, always sounded like the bands were recorded in someone’s living room, and sometimes they did play there 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bunion said:

There were so many good tunes and musicians, early recordings always remind me of blues parties in Birmingham, always sounded like the bands were recorded in someone’s living room, and sometimes they did play there 

Same for me ,blues parties and sound systems were a regular thing in east London, especially on the estate I lived on , they started Friday and finished Monday morning 😁

On 29/12/2021 at 20:02, Reggaebass said:

Time for some Al Campbell 

and same by Johnny Osbourne 

which do you prefer 

Both excellent but Johnny Osbourne is the winner for me, the line 'tomorrow is promised to no-one' gets me everytime. Soul Jazz have just re-released it on 7" which I just got recently. 

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SumOne said:

Both excellent but Johnny Osbourne is the winner for me. Soul Jazz have just re-released it on 7" which I just got recently. 

Yeah I like Johnny osbourne’s version, I saw discogs have the album for £20 but it’s a different album cover to the one I remember 

Currently listening to this excellent jazzy dub album 'Natty locks dub', produced by Winston Edwards.  Its also been re-released. 

I got it as a Christmas present (basically to myself with my wife claiming credit although I paid for it, ordered it, and it wasn't wrapped up!). 

20220103_085724.thumb.jpg.e1c805fd8dd69731a11d4b20ce932f3a.jpg

• Thanks 1