Why become a member? ×

16 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

I have the lekato system which I use with the chapman stick and it works for me. I don't have a problem with latency but some people seem to have more problems with it than me

Is that the stereo 2.4ghz one?

10 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Thanks Russ. Yeah, those look identical. I’ll have a read up on the MIPRO.  I do feel that 2.4 will be ok. I know it’s not just about what else is being used on stage, but there are only two other wireless systems being used in the band (both XVIVE) with no issues. 

Ill have a think over the weekend but i dont mind sending it back if it doesnt work out. I might try and time it so i have it when i next gig. 

i fancy the mi pro one too. would be great if thoman dd the 5.8 one

• Like 2

A useful tip that I picked up is to use Focus Mode and feed an output from your board into one input and the mix from the desk (minus your instrument) into the other. That way you can always be sure of hearing yourself, whatever happens to the monitor mix.

1 minute ago, JapanAxe said:

A useful tip that I picked up is to use Focus Mode and feed an output from your board into one input and the mix from the desk (minus your instrument) into the other. That way you can always be sure of hearing yourself, whatever happens to the monitor mix.

The guitarist who does sound in our band has never understood why I take one feed straight from my preamp pedal into my Rolls PM351 and take an Aux from the desk for the rest of the band... it hasn't happened yet but on the day my feed from the desk goes shonky, I'll still have a nice bass signal.  :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Yes. I gig with a similar 5G mono one, to avoid the 2.4 spectrum but never had a problem with these and they were really cheap

Thanks. I might as well give it a go as i can get it off Amazon tomorrow. Quick question. Do you need to pair it every time you turn it on?

1 hour ago, dave_bass5 said:

Thanks. I might as well give it a go as i can get it off Amazon tomorrow. Quick question. Do you need to pair it every time you turn it on?

No - I paired when I first had it and haven't done it since

• Like 1

I tried to put my KZ ZS10s into an old ACS custom molded pair of ear plugs. They just about fit sat at my desk, but I think if I was moving around playing they would fall out, unless I taped them to my ear, which I don’t really want to have to do.

Am  now looking at getting some ACS molded IEMs,  but I also need some new molded ear plugs as my current ones are 5 years old and don’t quite seal properly. Need to decide which ones to prioritise as can’t really justify getting both at the minute 

7 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

No - I paired when I first had it and haven't done it since

Thanks. 
Right, so I’ve ordered a set of the Lekato’s for £53. Arriving tomorrow. 
I’ve not given up on trying the Thomanns one, but these are easier to get and much cheaper. If they work they work, if not it’s easy to return them. 

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 1

Just revived the Lekato and…..wow!!!!. 

Nothing that small should be any good lol. At first i wasn't keen on how light it is, but then i realised that if it comes off my belt, the earphone cable will support it so it doesn't hit the ground. Im sure i wouldn't even notice if it does come off. 

Once i had found the correct cables to connect it to my XR18 (dont want anything to do with the thin cables it comes with) i was very, very impressed. Latency wont be an issue. I mean, i can sort of tell its there’s when playing in isolation but in a band situation it wont be noticeable at all. (Probably still more in time than some band members lol). 

Sound quality is better than i expected. A bit lacking in the low and highs, but i can EQ that in the Mixer without effecting the FOH, so a non issue. In fact i may just leave it as it will cut through a bit better when the band ramp up the volume. No hiss or hum so far. 

Stereo spread is good enough. Its not quite as wide as with my P2, but wide enough that it still sounds natural. In fact when i used it in mono it seems to give a better down mix than the P2. 

All in all, 99% happy. Im a bit worried about the lack of channel selection. I’ll have to see how that goes next week with the band. 

I noticed there is another version of this, with a different name and branding. £10 cheaper. I might see if my guitarist is interested in getting one as he is having issues with our old SubZero UHF system. It’s a mechanical issue rather than function. The receiver seems to be cutting out occasionally, as in going dead. 

Now, all this brings me to wonder, should i get the T-Bone 2.4 lol. I see some bugger has nabbed the used one i linked to above, so id have to pay £300. More than i really want to (this is all more for convenience and an itch rather than a real need). My reasoning now is, if my guitarist does get one of these, there might well be some issues with channels, so this would keep me out of the loop. The other 2 wireless units are Xvive, so they can move their channels if needed. Im sure 4 of use wont have  too many issues.

At the place rehearse there is large room that they have Gospel meetings, and we have had issues with their radio mics (apparently they have 7). We figured it all out and dont have issues anymore, but im wondering if adding fixed channel devices might cause them to return. I depend on IEM’s 100% so dont want issues like that, although the odd drop out is fine. I guess i could aways use the P2 if i do get issues. 

Sorry for the long winded post. Overall very happy but with caution. 

One thing id like to ask. Ive read numerous times that you shouldn’t put these devices within a few feet of router. I understand why. My issue would be we do have a router that sits next to our XR18, and the transmitters will be very close to that. I do have 2.4ghz disabled in the router. Is this going to help? Singer’s Xvive doesn't suffer any issues and thats plugged directly yin to the X18 already, and of course the guitarists Guitar Xvive is nowhere near the mixer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

One thing id like to ask. Ive read numerous times that you shouldn’t put these devices within a few feet of router. I understand why. My issue would be we do have a router that sits next to our XR18, and the transmitters will be very close to that. I do have 2.4ghz disabled in the router. Is this going to help? Singer’s Xvive doesn't suffer any issues and thats plugged directly yin to the X18 already, and of course the guitarists Guitar Xvive is nowhere near the mixer.

Pleased the Lekato has worked out.  As I said earlier, for the money it has to be worth a try.  

re. distance from router.  I assume your Aux out that you feed is XLR; can you not simply get an XLR to minijack lead and site it away from the router?  I actually run an XLR across to my side of the stage so that the Lekato is nearer to me.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

Pleased the Lekato has worked out.  As I said earlier, for the money it has to be worth a try.  

re. distance from router.  I assume your Aux out that you feed is XLR; can you not simply get an XLR to minijack lead and site it away from the router?  I actually run an XLR across to my side of the stage so that the Lekato is nearer to me.  

I do the same with my lekato 5.8, I plug an xlr cable into the mixer and the other other end into the transmitter and haven’t had any trouble. We stated using one for a wireless mic as well, but that goes straight into the mixer

42 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

I may use it via the XLR’s out, but at the moment I’m using the headphone/monitor out. 
wWe have the XR18 pretty much at my feet, as I’m in charge of it, so it’s a bit tricky to run a cable with something so light on it to Somewhere else. I’m trying to keep things simple and neat on stage. 
But yeah, that’s what i was thinking of doing if needed. 
Seeing as my singer doesn’t have any issues with her Xvive maybe it’s not a big deal. In fact at the moment at home i have the transmitter sitting on top of the XR18 and I’m using the internal WiFi which is 2.4 and not getting any issues. 

Well, i bit the bullet and ordered the T.bone IEM D2.4. As its paypal i can pay over 3 months so it’s not too bad a deal for me. 

The main reasons are, i dont need to keep the transmitter charged or off when not used (got enough other things to look out for at gigs), the longer battery life (again, i wont need to worry if i haven't turned the receiver off),  the ability to change channels, no need to use thin cables with adapters, EQ on the receiver…… and i love OLED displays lol.

Edited by dave_bass5

7 hours ago, Mottlefeeder said:

I'd be interested to hear more about the receiver EQ. Does it provide any boost around 3k-4k, which would counteract my hearing loss?

Thanks

David

No idea, sorry. This is a page from the Mipro D2.4 manual, im hoping the T.bone version will be the same. As ive said earlier, ill probably use the EQ on my Aux send anyway, this has a graphic EQ, but i like that there are other options.

IMG_4570.thumb.png.8d52e81ab9cc32eb838c64834f0449a0.png

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, markbunney said:

I do the same with my lekato 5.8, I plug an xlr cable into the mixer and the other other end into the transmitter and haven’t had any trouble. We stated using one for a wireless mic as well, but that goes straight into the mixer

Yep, I have a short XLR for the Lekato 5.8 transmitter, just to get it away from the back of the mixer where the other transmitters are, and it works very well. The setup with the P2 has never let me down, dropped out or distorted, and the latency is very low. It Just Works(tm), and for the money, it's a great solution.

• Like 1

I have (had) a T-Bone IEM100 which appears to now be the property of our singer 😂 She loves the in-ear mix/experience and is using the ubiquitous ZX10 pro’s with the T-Bone. No issues with drop outs or interference apart from the time she forgot to plug in the aerial 🤦‍♀️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Muzz said:

Yep, I have a short XLR for the Lekato 5.8 transmitter, just to get it away from the back of the mixer where the other transmitters are, and it works very well. The setup with the P2 has never let me down, dropped out or distorted, and the latency is very low. It Just Works(tm), and for the money, it's a great solution.

I guess as we have an external router a few feet from the XR18 an extension cable isn’t really needed for the Xvive that’s plugged directly in. At least it’s not been so far. 
As I'm now going to be using the T.bone, this will be sitting close but I’ll make sure it’s the other side of where the router is. We aren’t particularly tidy on stage so these things are just plonked down close to me on the floor in a random order.  

19 hours ago, markbunney said:

what lekato are you using for your IEM @markbunney?

6 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

No idea, sorry. This is a page from the Mipro D2.4 manual, im hoping the T.bone version will be the same. As ive said earlier, ill probably use the EQ on my Aux send anyway, this has a graphic EQ, but i like that there are other options.

IMG_4570.thumb.png.8d52e81ab9cc32eb838c64834f0449a0.png

OK, thanks for posting. I may contact Thomann directly and ask if they have any more detail.

David

28 minutes ago, police squad said:

what lekato are you using for your IEM @markbunney?

I am using the Lekato 5.8ghz XLR mic transmitter set with Behringer P2. Its a bit bulky, but once it's clipped on my belt, I don't really notice it.

It has really clear sound, and I have had no issues with it in the 6 or so gigs I have used it for now. I got mine off eBay for about £65, they are more expensive at Amazon at the minute, but the price seems to fluctuate all the time between Amazon & eBay. At our last gig, we had 3 things running on 5.8ghz with no issues.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEKATO-Wireless-Microphone-Transmitter-Receiver/dp/B099ZBHQ3C

Edited by markbunney
typo
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Mottlefeeder said:

OK, thanks for posting. I may contact Thomann directly and ask if they have any more detail.

David

Might be worth contacting Mipro, as the T.bone seems to be based on their product. 

1 hour ago, markbunney said:

I am using the Lekato 5.8ghz XLR mic transmitter set with Behringer P2. Its a bit bulky, but once it's clipped on my belt, I don't really notice it.

It has really clear sound, and I have had no issues with it in the 6 or so gigs I have used it for now. I got mine off eBay for about £65, they are more expensive at Amazon at the minute, but the price seems to fluctuate all the time between Amazon & eBay. At our last gig, we had 3 things running on 5.8ghz with no issues.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEKATO-Wireless-Microphone-Transmitter-Receiver/dp/B099ZBHQ3C

cool, thanks for that, I have tried my guitar one (on the IEMs) but it dropped out on a really big gig (during soundcheck) so I went back to a lead but the lekato was perfect on the guitar (weird) also on 5.8. I have used the guitar one very succesfully on quite a few gigs last year ( no drop out or anything)

Edited by police squad