Why become a member? ×

Frusciante rejoins RHCP

AndyTravis

Can't quote all but... 

They never sounded right with josh to me at least. 

BSSM and Californication are my favourite chilli's albums by miles. John has a huge part in that, I like his playing whether technical or not. I've read interviews that say he was so heavily involved in the songwriting and arranging for Californication it put Fleas nose out and he nearly walked. 

Saw the Chiilis with josh in 2012 at Knebworth. Awful gig. Even the t shirt I bought wasn't printed straight. 

I'd have happily seen them bring Dave Navarro back, I really enjoy his playing style. 

I could have lied, what a song!! Very personal to me... When I was 15 I somehow got together with this beautiful, amazing girl way out of my league (think gwen stefani in the don't speak video). However she was 17 and I had lied to her and told her I was 17 as well... Not quite the story of the song but I was listening to the album a lot at the time and it always reminds me of that summer! 

3 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

I've read interviews that say he was so heavily involved in the songwriting and arranging for Californication it put Fleas nose out and he nearly walked. 

It would be great to think that they could reclaim that dynamic, perhaps it needs JF to go away and come back again - each time perhaps renewed or refreshed to the point that he's able to be so heavily involved? Looking forward to hearing the next album either way

I think Josh has done an amazing job with the Chilis, especially considering he thinks of himself as a drummer first. I love The Getaway and thought at the time they had indeed gotten away with it at last (losing John). I also think Josh's vocals complement Anthony's voice better than John's did. 

Live, the Flea/John improv magic was definitely conspicuous by it's absence so looking forward to their telepathic connection again. 

I'm really excited about John's return. Mega excited! 

I just hope Josh is ok and has been treated fairly in this as he was, to me, a bona fide Chili Pepper, way more than just another stand in. 

Without Josh I doubt there would even be a group for John to come back to. 

Edited by miles'tone
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

Can't quote all but... 

They never sounded right with josh to me at least. 

BSSM and Californication are my favourite chilli's albums by miles. John has a huge part in that, I like his playing whether technical or not. I've read interviews that say he was so heavily involved in the songwriting and arranging for Californication it put Fleas nose out and he nearly walked. 

Saw the Chiilis with josh in 2012 at Knebworth. Awful gig. Even the t shirt I bought wasn't printed straight. 

I'd have happily seen them bring Dave Navarro back, I really enjoy his playing style. 

I could have lied, what a song!! Very personal to me... When I was 15 I somehow got together with this beautiful, amazing girl way out of my league (think gwen stefani in the don't speak video). However she was 17 and I had lied to her and told her I was 17 as well... Not quite the story of the song but I was listening to the album a lot at the time and it always reminds me of that summer! 

In an interview I read (in Guitarist I think) he said he hated the final mix of Californication and they had to do one especially for him. I love it, although I’m sure he doesn’t care what I think!

Ah, music and memories.....

1 hour ago, IainS said:

I played BSSM to death and then did the same with their earlier albums. Some of the first songs I ever learnt (badly) were off those albums. Didn’t John Frusciante play with Mars Volta for a while? 

Yes he played on most of the Amputechture album. 

You seen this? Flea, John and Omar from The Mars Volta giving it some. 

Flea's stamina here is quite astonishing considering how hard he plays!

Edited by miles'tone

56 minutes ago, miles'tone said:

Yes he played on most of the Amputechture album. 

You seen this? Flea, John and Omar from The Mars Volta giving it some. 

Flea's stamina here is quite astonishing considering how hard he plays!

I hadn’t seen it, but glad I have now. That is giving it some and then some. 

• Like 1