Why become a member? ×

Ugly, even for a Wishbass

lemmywinks

I don't know,think it looks OK. Wouldn't want to play it standing up though,that top horn is overkill 🙂

Going by the through body holes Steve was in a good mood. In the past,any time folks complained about those being squint he'd go crazy random on the next 3 builds 🤣

The move to new digs must have mellowed him out a bit 👍

On 09/12/2019 at 15:34, kodiakblair said:

I don't know,think it looks OK. Wouldn't want to play it standing up though,that top horn is overkill 🙂

Going by the through body holes Steve was in a good mood. In the past,any time folks complained about those being squint he'd go crazy random on the next 3 builds 🤣

The move to new digs must have mellowed him out a bit 👍

That was one of the things I always found really jarring with his basses, how long would it have taken him to make a template or even just to measure them properly? I know you're meant to finish them yourself which is fine but having wonky holes makes getting a good looking bass near impossible no matter what you do to it.

I would add that I do like some Wishbasses and think the ethos behind them is sound (ie you and the fella both kinda make a bass in two separate stages) but this one? Bleurgh!

Edited by lemmywinks

1 minute ago, lemmywinks said:

That was one of the things I always found really jarring with his basses, how long would it have taken him to make a template or even just to measure them properly?

Cranky old bugger does it on purpose 🤣 Folks upset him and it's back to "homespun yarn, drinking 'shine from jam jars while sittin at the table Gran Pappy made, hacking a bass from fire wood" 👍

Maybe not 100% true,few of his basses where in a Tokyo Modern Art exhibit, but fairly accurate. The ethos is hand made instruments that look hand made 😎