Why become a member? ×

G & L Cheap as chips

[quote name='Machines' post='40163' date='Aug 1 2007, 07:41 PM']Looks about right price for a Tribute.[/quote]
According to tha Ad it isn't a Tribute, it's a genuine American one with Certificate of Authenticity. Spoke to the guy, but there is someone going to see it at 8:30 tonight. :)

Yeah, I spoke to him also. Lets hope its still for sale later on.

Seems too cheap though.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='40170' date='Aug 1 2007, 07:53 PM']According to tha Ad it isn't a Tribute, it's a genuine American one with Certificate of Authenticity. Spoke to the guy, but there is someone going to see it at 8:30 tonight. :)[/quote]

Just phoned him again as agreed. It has gone. :) Not a surprise at all. He could have got a whole lot more for it. Well there is some lucky owner out there.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='40198' date='Aug 1 2007, 08:45 PM']Agreed, if it is still For Sale, there must be something up....[/quote]

Well done. I was in the middle of working out when I was going to get down there and see it, then find out its sold. :)

Still, I hope you enjoy it.

Photos, would be interested to see some, but it would make me even more sad......(must be quicker, must be quicker!!)

If you find you don't like it after all.... :huh:

It's a bit orange and need a good clean, new strings and a service but it feels really nice. Really played in. Here's a pic to appease/encourage some GAS.

Edit: there was no case which was a shame, but all the paperwork. And the nice guy selling it also did me a deal on top of the quoted price. :)

Edited by stingrayfan

I think he just wanted it out of the way and wanted some cash. He said since getting a Ken Smith a year ago, he hasn't touched it. He's a pro who tours a lot and I guess basses become more like tools, you get a bit more emotionally detached than those of use who use them at weekends for a hobby. It's six years old.

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='40311' date='Aug 2 2007, 08:53 AM']It's a bit orange and need a good clean, new strings and a service but it feels really nice. Really played in. Here's a pic to appease/encourage some GAS.

Edit: there was no case which was a shame, but all the paperwork. And the nice guy selling it also did me a deal on top of the quoted price. :huh:

[/quote]
Really nice Bass. I was after it as well but as they say " He who dithers". :)
Nice to see it went to a BCer and if he did a deal as well, what can I say.
Enjoy.
Stuart