Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

[quote name='patch006' post='924310' date='Aug 13 2010, 08:01 PM']Do you have any pics mxm?[/quote]

Sorry, the ones I've already got are useless so I'll take some new tomorrow !

[quote name='josh3184' post='924471' date='Aug 13 2010, 10:40 PM']I've seen and played it and its lubberly :) Wish I could get away with it in my band haha :rolleyes:[/quote]

Cheers Josh !

Pics now on edited post above !

[quote name='mxm' post='922266' date='Aug 12 2010, 07:45 AM']Apologies for my ignorance - does this model exist ?!!![/quote]

Heya sorry about that, what i meant was is i am looking for a 6 string lefty bass.
I am also looking for a Jamersonesque Pbass :)
K

[quote name='deksawyer' post='932774' date='Aug 22 2010, 02:10 PM']I might regret this, but I think I want to trade my Wal for a high end 5 string, especially another Wal.

It's a 1980 Custom with Niangon front & back.

It's not for sale, trade only.

cheers

D.[/quote]

That is gorgeous.......... trade you a stingray and my kidneys!! :)

That is the most exquisite looking MK1 I've ever seen, with all these layers of veneer, that beautiful top and rear wood and the centerline down the top! Wow. I have nothing to offer, unfortunately, but man, what a bass!

[quote name='LeftyJ' post='935820' date='Aug 25 2010, 11:54 AM']That is the most exquisite looking MK1 I've ever seen, with all these layers of veneer, that beautiful top and rear wood and the centerline down the top! Wow. I have nothing to offer, unfortunately, but man, what a bass![/quote]

+1 I think that's the nicest bass I ever did saw....

[quote name='whynot' post='936682' date='Aug 26 2010, 03:26 AM']I could be interested in buying back the WAL if ever for sale. Many a good memory associated with that bass.[/quote]

Yeah, it's a bloody great bass, and a rare part of Wal history, I think I only want to trade it for another Wal, but with 5 strings. Probably unlikely to happen, but you never know.

But there's a few people interested if I want to sell....

Cheers

D.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. Pains to to do this but I may have to sell my 1979 Pre-EB Ray. Its in really good condition, only a few dings and none of them major. The E tuner was replaced a while ago with a d-tuner but apart from that it's all original- even has the dying remains of the bridge mutes! I was wondering if any of you could help me in thinking of a price?

Josh

[quote name='yorick' post='959752' date='Sep 17 2010, 06:12 PM']£1200-£1300 :)[/quote]

Thanks man!

Hmm I thought it might be worth a tad more but that was close to my valuation. I was thinking more around £1400, especially considering the rarity of lefties.

Here's a few pics:
[attachment=59034:IMG_0184.JPG]
[attachment=59030:IMG_0188.JPG]
[attachment=59033:IMG_0185.JPG]
[attachment=59032:IMG_0186.JPG]
[attachment=59031:IMG_0187.JPG]

EDIT: No longer for sale, see below.

Edited by josh3184

[quote name='josh3184' post='959736' date='Sep 17 2010, 06:02 PM']Hi guys. Pains to to do this but I may have to sell my 1979 Pre-EB Ray. Its in really good condition, only a few dings and none of them major. The E tuner was replaced a while ago with a d-tuner but apart from that it's all original- even has the dying remains of the bridge mutes! I was wondering if any of you could help me in thinking of a price?

Josh[/quote]

I've played this - class and it honestly blows newer MM stuff away - with a neck to die for !

Don't sell it Josh !!!!

[quote name='patch006' post='962415' date='Sep 20 2010, 05:04 PM']Hi Guys,

I'm looking to move on a couple of basses, warwick jazzman 5 2006 and a musicman stingray 4 1996. Possible trades for amplification/ light weight cabs.[/quote]

Could trade the Stingray against a virtually unused Markbass Classic 104 - sounds like an SVT but weighs way less - check out www.markbass.it for spec.

Retail new is about £850 and this one is as new.

Let me know - would need to agree where to swap over.