Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

not a direct sale per se, but Ishibashi has a nice looking '75 Reissue Jazz in their u-box...

except some stupid righty has buggered it up by installing a jack in the back , plus a strap button on the lower horn.

WHAT IS THE BLOODY POINT IF YOU HAVE INFINTELY MORE CHOICE THAN LEFTIES DO YOU CRETIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have a looky, it's awful!

[quote name='rasher80' post='652579' date='Nov 12 2009, 02:01 PM']not a direct sale per se, but Ishibashi has a nice looking '75 Reissue Jazz in their u-box...

except some stupid righty has buggered it up by installing a jack in the back , plus a strap button on the lower horn.

WHAT IS THE BLOODY POINT IF YOU HAVE INFINTELY MORE CHOICE THAN LEFTIES DO YOU CRETIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have a looky, it's awful![/quote]

No sh*t! :)
But it was awful before the mods already. Look at that hideous targetburst finish... :rolleyes:

Hi all, I'm a newbie and indeed a fellow lefty! we are slightly hampered by our specialness in the lack of second hand basses on the market. You got to love the bass. I have a few nice basses now but am on the look out for a fretless 4 string, ideally a us jazz but anything interesting considered.

[b][u]For Sale[/u][/b]

Tografox:
P bass bitza (Warmoth/Japan). Sunburst. Mint pickguard. Kent Armstrong Vintage pickup.
I'm keeping this one - but the pickup is going on Ebay

Tografox:
Rickenbacker 4003. Jetglo. Pickguardian black pickguard and bridge pickup plate (see www.pickguardian.com) + all original parts, case and box. 2008 model (next batch 2013 I believe)
Now sold

Josh3184:
[color="#FF0000"]Warwick $$ £550 plus postage with Hiscox case[/color]

Lefty68:
[color="#FF0000"]Stingray5 Black with 2 necks one maple and one rosewood[/color]

Whynot:
[color="#FF0000"]Shuker 5er - £1200[/color]

PaulWarning:
[color="#FF0000"]Stingray 4 3EQ Black amd maple with MM case - £750 or Part ex for Fender P[/color]

mntl73:
[color="#FF0000"]MIM Fender Jazz[/color]

JAZZEE999:
[color="#FF0000"]Custom built SG based on 64 model[/color]

Lefthandedfrog:
[color="#FF0000"]1991 Alembic Epic 5 - 800e/700£ plus postage[/color]

Nevernever:
[color="#FF0000"]Tanglewood Canyon II - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39841"]£300 [/url][/color]

LeftyJ:
[color="#FF0000"]G&L SB-2 - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=54966"]€800 [/url][/color]

Leftybassman392
[color="#FF0000"]87 Jaydee Supernatural MK - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=55213"] Feeler [/url][/color]

The Kerb's
[color="#FF0000"]77 Precision copy - €500[/color]

Yorick:
[color="#FF0000"]Kramer Stryker[/color]

If everyone posts below what they've got I can update the thread as it goes along![/quote]

Edited by tografox

Just a feeler just now but i may let my 6 string fretless Schecter go. I'm not playing as much fretless as i used to. It was professionally defretted by a shop in Nottingham and has contrasting fret lines to make it easier to play. I guess £500 of possible trades. Any interest if so i will take some pics.

Back up for sale again my left Handed 4 string 3 Eq Musicman Stingray, 2004/2005 model, serial number L03417. It is in good condition slight scratching/scuffing where I rest my hand while playing (I play with a pick) though you have to hold it up to the light to see them so they don't show in the photo, and one ding as in the photo. Apart from that there is the odd light scratch you'd expect to find on a gigged bass. I've now got my MIA P Bass which suits my proposed Clash tribute band better, so it's got to go, though I'm not desperate it's just not getting played much anymore.
I've reduced the price to £730 which I think is a fair price so no offers please and no part exchange
Comes with Musicman hard case
I live between Nottingham and Derby if anybody wants to take a look, post and packing £20

[attachment=37198:2.jpg]
[attachment=37203:Dscf0002.jpg]
[attachment=37200:DSCF0005.JPG]
[attachment=37202:Dscf0003.jpg]

Edited by PaulWarning

Hi all,

This bass is currently on ebay starting at £225 - it now has a Bartolini Classic P pickup, Schaller tuners and Ernie Ball Regular Slinky 50-105s on it. It is an absolute snip at that starting price as the pickups/tuners/electronics are worth more than that!

If it doesn't go on ebay it'll be kept or traded with a shop.

The Ric is sold - but is currently missing in Interlink's courier system - if anyone is offered a stupidly cheap 4003 I would love to know!!! But we are assuming that it will appear of its own accord - fingers crossed!!

Hi,
I've got a P Bass 'Bitza' - listed on my post somewhere on Basschat!!
It's a Warmoth P neck - rosewood board on maple - Japanese P body in Sunburst (possible ash, probably poplar or basswood), mint pickguard, heavy duty bridge (Gotoh 201 copy), Kent Armstrong Vintage pickups, CTS pots. Strung with Fender 9050 flatties.
Overall its as good as, if not better than, a Mexican Fender - except there aren't any Mexican leftie Ps, only Js.
Can send pics if interested.
Would be happy to do a trade - with cash adjustment on my part.
(always like the idea of a maple/maple Ray to go with my rosewood/maple Ray and the Bitza is a backup).

Let me know if you're interested,

Bob

(I'm also (probably) selling my Ric 4003 - but that would need a rather generous adjustment from you!)

Edited by tografox

[quote name='tografox' post='667897' date='Nov 28 2009, 12:37 AM']Hi,
I've got a P Bass 'Bitza' - listed on my post somewhere on Basschat!!
It's a Warmoth P neck - rosewood board on maple - Japanese P body in Sunburst (possible ash, probably poplar or basswood), mint pickguard, heavy duty bridge (Gotoh 201 copy), Kent Armstrong Vintage pickups, CTS pots. Strung with Fender 9050 flatties.
Overall its as good as, if not better than, a Mexican Fender - except there aren't any Mexican leftie Ps, only Js.
Can send pics if interested.
Would be happy to do a trade - with cash adjustment on my part.
(always like the idea of a maple/maple Ray to go with my rosewood/maple Ray and the Bitza is a backup).

Let me know if you're interested,

Bob

(I'm also (probably) selling my Ric 4003 - but that would need a rather generous adjustment from you!)[/quote]
Thanks for your inquiry but I think you misread the ad, I said no p/ex I have now got a P bass

[quote name='PaulWarning' post='667645' date='Nov 27 2009, 06:11 PM']Back up for sale again my left Handed 4 string 3 Eq Musicman Stingray, 2004/2005 model, serial number L03417. It is in good condition slight scratching/scuffing where I rest my hand while playing (I play with a pick) though you have to hold it up to the light to see them so they don't show in the photo, and one ding as in the photo. Apart from that there is the odd light scratch you'd expect to find on a gigged bass. I've now got my MIA P Bass which suits my proposed Clash tribute band better, so it's got to go, though I'm not desperate it's just not getting played much anymore.
I've reduced the price to £730 which I think is a fair price so no offers please and no part exchange
Comes with Musicman hard case
I live between Nottingham and Derby if anybody wants to take a look, post and packing £20

[attachment=37198:2.jpg]
[attachment=37203:Dscf0002.jpg]
[attachment=37200:DSCF0005.JPG]
[attachment=37202:Dscf0003.jpg][/quote]

The Stingray has now been sold

Edited by PaulWarning

[quote name='Leftbass' post='678790' date='Dec 9 2009, 10:29 AM']FYI lefty68 the new Corvettes have an equal if not slimmer neck than jazzes.[/quote]

I had a Corvette Fna Jazzman,and Warwicks are not my cup of tea anymore,even they are great basses

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Le Chat Noir' post='689591' date='Dec 20 2009, 11:02 AM']My all-black maple board Stingray from a few pages back is still for sale![/quote]

If it's any help I got £730 for mine, tried it on ebay for £800 no takers, with ebay fees being around £70 I got my price and somebody got a Stingray at, what I consider a fair price

[quote name='PaulWarning' post='689641' date='Dec 20 2009, 11:53 AM']If it's any help I got £730 for mine, tried it on ebay for £800 no takers, with ebay fees being around £70 I got my price and somebody got a Stingray at, what I consider a fair price[/quote]

Cheers for letting me know... I'd probably let it go for a similar sum if anyone's interested! I'm surprised as I'd figured the value would be higher, what with the price new for lefties and the general desirability of all-black maple necked Stingrays...