Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

[quote name='steve-soar' post='538941' date='Jul 12 2009, 10:49 PM']I'll be playing your bass on Tuesday, looking forward to it and the Clifton EUB.
Haven't told the missus yet. :)[/quote]

Excellent! Let me know what you think. I'm assuming they've done the service but just realised I haven't actually checked. I'll give Alex a ring tomorrow.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='539023' date='Jul 13 2009, 12:20 AM']I'll PM you Sir, I'm sure it will be amazing.[/quote]

Called today and said to expect you. Alex said he would put some new strings on it. Martin is on hols (I wish!) and John ill, so don't know if service has been done. Not sure it needs much TBH (clean fretboard, check setup, tighten up Jack socket perhaps...), but still...

Enjoy! :)

p.s. am still considering an offer from Josh for a trade with his pre-EB Stingray, so quite possible it may come off their books in the next few days...

[quote name='deezbar' post='538877' date='Jul 12 2009, 11:07 PM']i'd buy it tomorrow but i'd need to sell a bass or two first.only just noticed your bass for sale.
Got a natural maple neck 1977 jazz all original, Zon sonus 4 spalted maple top, a 79 ibanez musician and a few more (all lefties of course).none of these would take long to shift especially the jazz.obviously this would be no good if you need the money straight away but if you had a couple of weeks i could even put a deposit down.let me know mate as i already know a couple of guys that would snap up the Jazz.cheers..Dave[/quote]

Tell me about your Musician! What model is it, and for what price would you be willing to let it go? Pics would be appreciated too :)

let me know your email address bro and i'll drop you some pics.its a double humbucker sting/stanley clarke fretted job.
this was my first ever bass! bought it in 93' and had it ever since.also it's actually 1981 (just found out by the S/N) and with a separate active EQ.
Cheers mate..D

[quote name='LeftyJ' post='540802' date='Jul 14 2009, 10:24 PM']Tell me about your Musician! What model is it, and for what price would you be willing to let it go? Pics would be appreciated too :)[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words my old mate. You're always welcome to come over for a cuppa(and talk about basses).D

[quote name='metaltime' post='539903' date='Jul 13 2009, 11:45 PM']A quick note to say deezbar is a legend and an amazing bass player and if he buys this im on the train to brum, again.[/quote]

[quote name='The Kerb's' post='536490' date='Jul 9 2009, 03:46 PM']Hi Guys!

I sell my copy of a Precision '77, handmade by a dutch luthier.

The body is made of one piece of alder, which is lightly flamed around the edges, with a recessed neckplate. The neck is made of a very nice piece of flamed maple, with a brazilian rosewood fingerboard. The tuners are from Schaller and it also has a Hipshot D-tuner :-)

The pickup is an Seymour Duncan SPB-1 Vintage.

Price: 500€! or trade with an Orange bass cab :-)

More pictures on request!

[url="http://img31.imageshack.us/i/p1010793m.jpg/"][/url][/quote]

Hey, I totally missed this post. Hi Geoffrey, nice to see my old bass again. I have had a lot of fun with that instrument and have always enjoyed it. My bandmates in The Bullfight couldn't believe I sold it, it turned out they liked the Precision-sound more than any of my other basses. That's changed now that I have a Rickenbacker and a nice Italia hollowbody though :)

Some more pics (from before I added the D-tuner) and a free bump:

Edited by LeftyJ

I thought I'd post this here too: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=54966"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=54966[/url]
Looking to sell my G&L SB-2. Which I bought because after selling the custom P in the post above this, I had no bass left that did a decent Precision-type tone :)
But I rarely use it anymore, I play my other basses a lot more (especially my ATK's, my Fender JB75-US and my Rickenbacker).

[quote name='PaulWarning' post='483971' date='May 9 2009, 07:52 PM']black left handed stingray 4,[attachment=24987:2.jpg] 3eq 94 or 95, been gigged so one ding and a few scratches in good nick, complete with musicman case, part ex for a Fender P bass[/quote]
I've decided to withdraw my Stingray, used it for a gig at the weekend with my new Marshall MB 4210 combo plus 15 inch extension cab and it sounded awesome, guess I had a lucky escape, somebody might have bought it.

[quote name='LeftyJ' post='544820' date='Jul 19 2009, 06:55 PM']I thought I'd post this here too: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=54966"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=54966[/url]
Looking to sell my G&L SB-2. Which I bought because after selling the custom P in the post above this, I had no bass left that did a decent Precision-type tone :)
But I rarely use it anymore, I play my other basses a lot more (especially my ATK's, my Fender JB75-US and my Rickenbacker).[/quote]

*bump*

No longer a feeler, it is now really for sale as I need the money for an amp with more clean headroom for my new band. So much for my plan of getting an L-2500, I guess... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

I've decided to operate in a 'one in one out' kind of way. So this is sadly up for grabs....

PS. the plastic protective sheeting cover has since been taken off scratchplate (Jan '08) !

It's a 2007 Eastwood EEB-1 LH based on the classic 60's Ampeg Scroll bass. This was specially imported for me. It's in A1 condition, is well built, plays brilliantly, sounds excellent and gets lots of positive comments ! I bought this as it's the closest I'll (a southpaw) ever get to the real thing.

Full Eastwood details - [url="http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/Bass/eeb-1/eeb-1Bass_frm.htm"]here[/url].

I'm looking for £325 ono - collected, as i've only got the original cardboard box it came in.

Ta !

Edited by mxm

[quote name='leftybassman392' post='547206' date='Jul 22 2009, 01:33 AM']In case anybody's interested I'm putting my MK Signature up as a feeler for possible sale. Here's the link:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=55213"]Jaydee feeler[/url][/quote]
´

check pm please.

[quote name='HLAVA' post='564692' date='Aug 10 2009, 09:03 AM']´

check pm please.[/quote]

Sorry for the delayed response - I've been away for a week. Jaydee already on hold pending a possible trade for something I've been after for a while.

Apologies for not getting in touch but had been discussing it for a while with the party in question, and only got the confirmation email just before I flew out so didn't get time to post it. Will change the OP to reflect this situation.

Just to confirm again here - Jaydee is on hold pending a trade.

[quote name='mxm' post='562924' date='Aug 7 2009, 05:11 PM']Hiya,

I've decided to operate in a 'one in one out' kind of way. So this is sadly up for grabs....

PS. the plastic protective sheeting cover has since been taken off scratchplate (Jan '08) !

It's a 2007 Eastwood EEB-1 LH based on the classic 60's Ampeg Scroll bass. This was specially imported for me. It's in A1 condition, is well built, plays brilliantly, sounds excellent and gets lots of positive comments ! I bought this as it's the closest I'll (a southpaw) ever get to the real thing.

Full Eastwood details - [url="http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/Bass/eeb-1/eeb-1Bass_frm.htm"]here[/url].

I'm looking for £325 ono - collected, as i've only got the original cardboard box it came in.

Ta ![/quote]
Interesting bass. Didn't Boz Burrell ( Bad Co.) have one of these or an original model