Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

[attachment=115497:_MG_4897.jpg]Custom streamer jazzman 5

So here it is, After years of thinking I would never do this I’m selling it, Because it has to go.

I ordered it through Marten at the Bass Gallery in London, and took recommendations off him at the time for woods and finishes. It took 5 months to make In the Warwick custom factory in Germany and made me a very happy boy when it turned up

The Fret board is made of ebony, Instead of (I think it was) Wenge that was used as standard on warwicks back then, I preferred the more solid feel, and deeper sound. And thought of one day removing the frets, for which the ebony would be perfect.

At the time the standard hardware for the streamer Jazzman was Gold… and the cheeky “fellas” charged me extra to get all black instead

Round this period Warwick swapped their nut to some polymer fiber blablabla (Plastic) and I had to get the brass one with the independent screwpieces as an extra too.

Ovangkol neck, swamp Ash Back and flamed AA book matched maple top.

The Electronics were a bit of a hastle, something else they were changing at the time. But managed to get the circuit with the active/passive push/pull volume pot. And the treb mid bass work a treat compared to others I’ve tried.

The little three position switch by the knobs puts the Humbucker as Single coil,(using the coil closest to the bridge) in series or parallel . As a single coil works beautifully with the J pickup witch aint bad on it’s own either. And in series packs some serious punch and picks up mutes and pops amazingly well.
Has almost a piano like tone if you combine the humbucker with the J, So much clarity on the low end, 5[sup]th[/sup] string does not get lost or lose volume.

Honey Violin finish

It has been kept clean and had the strings removed only to show the detail. They are back on now

Bought to use as main bass, but ended up only gigging it a few times. Never toured it and has been my at home bass and a take to the studio bass since.

Right, enough talking, Have a look at it. If you like it let me know.

Tried to upload photos ended up using flicker.

I saw a similar one (minus the custom changes) that looked in worse conditiongo up for £900 so Thinking £1000 ono with a hard case.

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/84827258@N07/"]http://www.flickr.co...s/84827258@N07/[/url]

[quote name='subcurrent' timestamp='1344816531' post='1769738']Custom streamer jazzman 5[/quote]

Wow, that's gorgeous. You see FNA Jazzmans (Jazzmen?) pretty often, but a Streamer Jazzman is no common sight. I love 'em, I'm not a fan of the Corvette / FNA bodyshape but I LOVE Streamers. If I could afford it right now I would have loved to get my hands on that! Beautiful bass. Good luck with your sale! Shouldn't be a problem :)

Pics now added to my MIJ Jazz, the pick ups are DiMarzio jazz bass pickups . Take a look at the album, a couple of pics of my mayones jabba new arrival! not for sale I may add!

No longer available

Edited by patch006

Here is another bass I’m Selling, I’ve got two jazz bases, only really need one now, as I no longer need back up for gigs.
so this is the one that’s going

As with the previous, it is kept with strings and tuned, took them off to give it a clean and to show details.

Had a look on line and found one exactly the same for the equivalent in dollars of £756 I seem to remember paying around the £600 mark for it.
Selling for £300

[b]Please do not confuse the Link with what I am selling, it is for reference!!!![/b]
[url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Japan-Left-Handed-62-Reissue-Jazz-Bass-JB62-LH-/261070327527?pt=Guitar&hash=item3cc9010ee7#ht_3260wt_1165"]http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_3260wt_1165[/url]

Let me know if it’s of interest to any of you.

[attachment=115585:_MG_4921.jpg][attachment=115586:_MG_4922.jpg][attachment=115587:_MG_4923.jpg][attachment=115588:_MG_4924.jpg][attachment=115589:_MG_4925.jpg]

Thanks for the comments on the Warwick guys, above is another bass I'm selling, soon to be posted in different sections will be an Ashdown 500 EVO mk1 head and it's 1x15 2x10 and tweeter all in one cab, all uk made, And one of those three switch programable sansamp BassDriver D.I. preamp stompboxes. heads up if any of it would be of interest to the leftie thread before I post it.

Thanks.

[quote name='21iozz' timestamp='1344845614' post='1769868']
Hi everyone, does anyone have a Sterling or Stingray (or Sabre, let's be crazy) for sale?
[/quote]

I believe someone has a lefty Sterling Ray34 for trade on leftybass.com but may be open to sale.

There is also a lefty Stingray for sale on Gumtree at moment.

[quote name='subcurrent' timestamp='1344895895' post='1770928']
Here is another bass I’m Selling, I’ve got two jazz bases, only really need one now, as I no longer need back up for gigs.

As with the previous, it is kept with strings and tuned, took them off to give it a clean and to show details.

Had a look on line and found one exactly the same for the equivalent in dollars of £756 I seem to remember paying around the £600 mark for it.
Selling for £300

[b]Please do not confuse the Link with what I am selling, it is for reference!!!![/b]
[url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Japan-Left-Handed-62-Reissue-Jazz-Bass-JB62-LH-/261070327527?pt=Guitar&hash=item3cc9010ee7#ht_3260wt_1165"]http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_3260wt_1165[/url]

[attachment=115585:_MG_4921.jpg][attachment=115586:_MG_4922.jpg][attachment=115587:_MG_4923.jpg][attachment=115588:_MG_4924.jpg][attachment=115589:_MG_4925.jpg]
[/quote]Hi there. Would you except £280 for your bass ? + how much would it cost to send to Manchester ? cheer's Colin.

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1344943147' post='1771360']
I believe someone has a lefty Sterling Ray34 for trade on leftybass.com but may be open to sale.

There is also a lefty Stingray for sale on Gumtree at moment.
[/quote]
Thanks for the info! I'm more looking for a Sterling but these are pretty difficult to find used.

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='subcurrent' timestamp='1344895895' post='1770928']

Selling for £300

[/quote]

[quote name='21iozz' timestamp='1344845614' post='1769868']
Hi everyone, does anyone have a Sterling or Stingray (or Sabre, let's be crazy) for sale?
[/quote]

There's one on arni's site right now for Trade, maybe you can convince the guy to sell it.
www.leftybass.com

• 2 weeks later...

My 84' custom Wal is up on the EBay :-( ! hate to do it but I need to get together some funds (unless there's some very special 5-strings out there ;-).For some reason the IPad won't let me upload photos on here but I've put plenty on the bay,it won't be hard to find.Please pm me if interested.D

[quote name='deezbar' timestamp='1346243885' post='1786900']
My 84' custom Wal is up on the EBay :-( ! hate to do it but I need to get together some funds (unless there's some very special 5-strings out there ;-).For some reason the IPad won't let me upload photos on here but I've put plenty on the bay,it won't be hard to find.Please pm me if interested.D
[/quote]

PM'd.

Dropping price to £950

[quote name='subcurrent' timestamp='1344816531' post='1769738']
[attachment=115497:_MG_4897.jpg]Custom streamer jazzman 5

So here it is, After years of thinking I would never do this I’m selling it, Because it has to go.

I ordered it through Marten at the Bass Gallery in London, and took recommendations off him at the time for woods and finishes. It took 5 months to make In the Warwick custom factory in Germany and made me a very happy boy when it turned up

The Fret board is made of ebony, Instead of (I think it was) Wenge that was used as standard on warwicks back then, I preferred the more solid feel, and deeper sound. And thought of one day removing the frets, for which the ebony would be perfect.

At the time the standard hardware for the streamer Jazzman was Gold… and the cheeky “fellas” charged me extra to get all black instead

Round this period Warwick swapped their nut to some polymer fiber blablabla (Plastic) and I had to get the brass one with the independent screwpieces as an extra too.

Ovangkol neck, swamp Ash Back and flamed AA book matched maple top.

The Electronics were a bit of a hastle, something else they were changing at the time. But managed to get the circuit with the active/passive push/pull volume pot. And the treb mid bass work a treat compared to others I’ve tried.

The little three position switch by the knobs puts the Humbucker as Single coil,(using the coil closest to the bridge) in series or parallel . As a single coil works beautifully with the J pickup witch aint bad on it’s own either. And in series packs some serious punch and picks up mutes and pops amazingly well.
Has almost a piano like tone if you combine the humbucker with the J, So much clarity on the low end, 5[sup]th[/sup] string does not get lost or lose volume.

Honey Violin finish

It has been kept clean and had the strings removed only to show the detail. They are back on now

Bought to use as main bass, but ended up only gigging it a few times. Never toured it and has been my at home bass and a take to the studio bass since.

Right, enough talking, Have a look at it. If you like it let me know.

Tried to upload photos ended up using flicker.

I saw a similar one (minus the custom changes) that looked in worse conditiongo up for £900 so Thinking £1000 ono with a hard case.

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/84827258@N07/"]http://www.flickr.co...s/84827258@N07/[/url]
[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
For sale my Bacchus Woodline handmade, Ash/maple
Upgraded with John East Preamp,and Nordstrand NJ4sv pickups
Not really interested in trade,but you can ask ;)
For sale at 1300Euros+shipping costs ONO
More pics,just ask ;)

Edited by lefty68

Decided to sell my MIM Fender Jazz in sunburst with rosewood fingerboard. I think it's a 2010 model, based on the S/N. I have two MIM Jazz basses and need to sell one to fund a new acquisition. I prefer the colour of the other one, so this is the one to go. It's in very good condition. The faults I can find are:[list]
[*]Small dink at the bottom of the lower horn, faces downwards
[*]Light scuffing to the lacquer at the bottom of the bass, near the strap button
[*]A couple of little nicks in the headstock
[/list]
All of these are visible in the photos. Other than these, it's very nice indeed. It's fitted with nearly new round wound strings, can't remember the brand - I change strings on my basses all the time and forget to keep a note of which bass has which strings. I think they're probably Fender strings, but I can't swear to it :blush:

I think it has an Alder body (I gather MIMs post 2004 all do...), the wood grain on the body is quite nice, though it doesn't show brilliantly on the photos except the upright one. The grain of the rosewood fingerboard is very nice, as hopefully you can see. There is a small amount of fretwear. You can see it if you look carefully, but I can't get it to show on a photo.

I'm based in Peterborough. The price is £300 including gig bag. I'd prefer to sell it face-to-face, better that a prospective owner gets to try the bass. But I will post it if necessary, buyer to pay the costs.