Why become a member? ×

new year's day fry-up thread

ahpook

girlfren and i polished off a bottle of champagne and a bottle of wine each last night.

ouch...i can only really see properly out of one eye - i'm deffo "walking like colombo" today.

:)

who's for a fry-up...mugs of tea, fried eggs and toast all round ?

Edited by ahpook

Had a bowl of good ol' crunchy nut, with some scrambled egg about an hour. Mostly due to the majority of my mates still being half passed out in various locations around my house, so couldn't be arsed with a fry up.

Suprisingly, the bit my parents were confused about wasn't why my mate, asleep on the bathroom floor, had half his face covered in permenant marker, but why there was a perfect line of four standing wine bottles in the back garden.

if only i could persuade girlfren to go for a nice hazy pint down the pub...my day would be complete.

but in the meantime...more tea anyone ?'nother round of toast ? i've got some chocolate digestives somewhere.

we're gonna stick "dark knight" on in a bit, drag yourself up a beanbag :)

Edited by ahpook

For brunch I had a Big Mac meal with a strawberry milkshake - disgusting food normally but it appears to be the perfect hangover cure! It's got me right back on top form, which is good because I'm in the middle of a hectic week (8 gigs in 7 days!)

Long live junk food :)

Got up at about 10 this morning, had a drink of lemonade, tounge like the inside of a Dutch lorry drivers glove, watched a bit of Elton from last night, had a scavenge around some left overs from the buffet that the Wife made last night for friends then went back to bed until 3.
Typing with 2 fingers because still slightly pished.
Will have breakfast proper now....fish finger butties, I haven't got any, so it will have to be fried egg on toast with red sauce and another cuppa.
Will I have a beer later? :)

After seeing in the New Year with some German friends and doing 2 bottles of Friesengeist (google it!) the only antidote was copious bacon butties dripping with butter, fat and brown sauce. Made me feel sound as a pound! :)

If you want to do Friesengeist you chill it to almost freezing, put it in a large shot glass from the freezer, set fire to it, wait until the rim of the glass is too hot to touch, blow it out and knock it back in one - Prost!

[quote name='johnnylager' post='367809' date='Jan 1 2009, 03:27 PM']Fried egg butty for brekky, croissants for lunch & the remains of last night's king prawn madras / egg fried rice combo and the last tin of lager in the house for tea. Lovely.[/quote]

hehehe...that sounds top :)

[quote name='steve-soar' post='367813' date='Jan 1 2009, 03:34 PM']Got up at about 10 this morning, had a drink of lemonade, tounge like the inside of a Dutch lorry drivers glove, watched a bit of Elton from last night, had a scavenge around some left overs from the buffet that the Wife made last night for friends then went back to bed until 3.
Typing with 2 fingers because still slightly pished.
Will have breakfast proper now....fish finger butties, I haven't got any, so it will have to be fried egg on toast with red sauce and another cuppa.
Will I have a beer later? :)[/quote]Well that was a totally unremarkable meal, left overs from last night....reheated new potatoes, salad, ham, cheese.
Went back to bed again and got up at 8.00, wife watching Beastbenders, so I went the offie.
So much for not drinking too much in 2009.