Why become a member? ×

Fender increasing prices

s_u_y_*

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='365741' date='Dec 29 2008, 08:33 PM']Not really up on USA Fender prices. Does this mean a jazz will be about £800?

Can't you get a Shuker for under £700?

Bet they'll still sell loads though. . . . .[/quote]
unless mr shuker gets some apprentices ;o

[quote name='Buzz' post='365698' date='Dec 29 2008, 07:17 PM']Again?

They've already increased them by about that t'other month.[/quote]

Apparently so. The guy I talked to said they already increased them this year and will increase them next year too in order to cover costs. He says management are confident about the recession period and the Fender brand section is still quite strong for now. At least we won't have to worry about our guitar and bass manufacturers needing a bailout. :)

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='366104' date='Dec 30 2008, 11:30 AM']I notice the price of the 2008 P5 has gone up by about almost £200 at Thomann's since i got mine in Nov.

EDIT: Actually, it seems a lot of their prices have risen quite a bit recently. Even the Laklands.[/quote]
Thomann is in Germany and quote their prices in Euro, converting to Sterling. As the Pound is pretty much parity with the Euro (has even dipped since you got your P5 in Nov), that would explain their price rises.
Fenders have indeed risen quite a bit - I got my American Deluxe Jazz 5 just prior to the earlier rise for a very nice price, now it will probably cost about £1300 in the shops :)

[quote name='XB26354' post='366135' date='Dec 30 2008, 11:58 AM']Thomann is in Germany and quote their prices in Euro, converting to Sterling. As the Pound is pretty much parity with the Euro (has even dipped since you got your P5 in Nov), that would explain their price rises.[/quote]

Ah, i hadnt thought of it like that. Makes sence now.

[quote name='Machines' post='366086' date='Dec 30 2008, 11:16 AM']I've noticed the price of 2nd hand Mexi Jazzes going up on eBay... £300 seems achievable at the moment.[/quote]
Yep, i've noticed that too, may have something to do with the fact that the 2009 mexican standards have gone up in price by a good £200 (check out GAK)
f***ing ridiculous, the time to buy squier is now, more than ever i think!

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='Sarah5string' post='366240' date='Dec 30 2008, 02:21 PM']I was told by my local Dean dealer than they're changing prices almost daily.

*rolls eyes*[/quote]

I didnt notice much price reduction when the pound was at a very high value against the dollar last year, ot am I just being cynical

Wow - [url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/79178"]http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/79178[/url]

I'd never pay that much for a Mexican Jazz - there are so many better options at that price and even more so in the 2nd hand market. Fender must be using the current climate to milk further profits out of the consumer on the pretense of a necessary increase. If the price of 2nd hand Jazzes keeps rising i'll likely sell mine at a profit and get something else.

It ain't just Fender

Last year my USA B.C.Rich customshop Widow bass had a full retail value of nearly $3,900,this year they had a Yellow one on their site for $5,900 :huh:

Ok,it has better inlays than mine,but mine has full body,neck and headstock binding,so I win :)