Fingerboard Phenowood Fingerboard™
Frets 21
Nut zero fret
Neck construction neck trough
Body Maple
Weight 4,5kg
Surface orange
Pickups 2 Benedetti singlecoil pickups
Electronics: active, 18V, panorama, volume, mid notch/boost toggle, mid frequency
Tuners Schaller

Sounds: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y3p9dgfsus27u1p/AAB59I_QpzTOmti7dhSTKaXQa?dl=0

including case
several repaired lacquer damages (Vigier's finish was not that great in the 90s)

Price: 1800€
Shipping cost depends on destination

No trades.

20190816_122340.jpg

20190816_122407.jpg

20190816_122428.jpg20191222_144610.jpg.c302296b2d1330a76709b96e340c83e8.jpg

20190816_122538.jpg

20190816_122914.jpg

20190816_122926.jpg

20190816_143634.jpg

Edited by marcblum
REVOKE
  • Like 8

Just a couple of questions, please;

What's happened to the original electronics?

Why is there an Arpege manual pictured when it's a Passion S3 bass?

Thanks in advance!

a) I really disliked the quirky mid sweep electronics. Unusable on stage as specific sounds are hardly reproducible on stage, sound differences and impact on volume could be horrible when accidentially moving some knobs. Furthermore it compresses dynamics, even with18V. There's a reason, why Vigier switched to normal electronics. I sold the board to a collector.
b) you're correct. This manual belongs to another bass I sold recently. Well, I think it doesn't hurt.

Depends on your soldering skills. But I doubt there's any chance to purchase this quirky 20 years old electronics.
I simply don't understand the value of "original", if "original" did not stand the test of time. It was something that Vigier did for some time and then abandoned it for a reason.

But, hey, each one to his likes.

An original is a sacred cow, no matter how much better the customized version is. Have seen this so many times.

Maybe a John East to a jazz can be almost accepted, because the preamp is worth that instrument...

• Like 1

Benedetti pickups and Glockenklang are working very well together. The John East is not for these pickups, you'll lose the huge dynamics and articulation of these terrific single coil pickups.

• Like 3

On 15/09/2019 at 16:43, itu said:

An original is a sacred cow, no matter how much better the customized version is. Have seen this so many times.

Maybe a John East to a jazz can be almost accepted, because the preamp is worth that instrument...

I place great value in the original article. Vigier have always been known for their great (and unique) electronics. There could be many good reasons as to why a builder may stop fitting a certain type of preamp, none of which would suggest a simpler setup was better or that the 'old' preamp was inferior. 

It's a shame for that original electronics are gone as I would have probably been reaching for my wallet if they were, as it is quite stunning to look at and a Vigier has long been on my list. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chris2112 said:

Vigier have always been known for their great (and unique) electronics. There could be many good reasons as to why a builder may stop fitting a certain type of preamp...

I do understand your worry - and I have two series II Passions in original condition. The other is for sale here...

Evolution is the key to different product families and solutions, I think. Honorable Patrice Vigier has produced quite many models during the years. I find that interesting, as he seems to challenge himself with any design and produces something evolutive again and again. NT, bolt-on, semiparametric, delta metal, Nautilus, 10/90... just name it and he has it. Even light weight when it was not yet so popular.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cleanhead
      New price: 3.600,- EUR
      Selling this incredible Jerzy Drozd Mastery VI
      Absolutley no chips or dents, like brand new. Cause it is like brand new.
      Cause this bass was totaly refurbished between Dec. 2018 till Mai 2019 by master luthier Jerzy Drozd himself.
      New truss rod, new fretboard and of course frets, new brass nut, new lacquer with highlighting the pattern of the wood with rich pigments, new pickup.
      The entire costs were: 2.798,- EUR (bills available)
      Some specs at least:
      originaly from 27.09.2005 completly refurbished between Dez. 2018 - Mai 2019 Etimoe (a kind of mahogany) body wings laminated maple neck through body design (2 carbon extra reinforcement bars) birdseye burl maple top with matching head stock extended 32 frets maple board brass nut special custom body design Aguilar obp3, 18 volts preamp Custom Jerzy Drozd JEDX humbucker with maple wood cover Recessed wood knobs weight: 4,3kg on the bathroom scale Original Jerzy Drozd case New price: 3.600,- EUR
      sorry for my bad english

• By mattbass6
      This is a very hard decision for me as I love my Vigier basses so much, but I have decided to move back to 4 string bass for the foreseeable future. I have enjoyed my forays into the world of 6 & 5 string bass, but my writing has changed a lot and I need a new sound/approach/challenge. I will be keeping my other Excess 5 just for the studio and that low B, just in case I need it later down the line but it does mean, that I don't need two of them. So with that in mind, here is what I am selling -
      A brand new, in perfect condition, and I mean perfect condition, as there are no scratches, surface scratches, dings, dents etc Vigier Excess 5 bass. It has never been gigged and only used in the house. It was ordered directly from Vigier back in 2018 and arrived with me last July (2019) as a back up to my other Vigier. Who was I kidding? The things are so flipping stable, you don't need a back up with these. Anyway, I ordered it in a custom "purple", and it is stunning. It comes with the official Vigier Hiscox case. The neck on these basses are to die for, just so beautifully crafted in every way. The sounds available to dial in are limitless, a very versatile pre-amp (18v). It was fitted from the start with Dunlop Stainless Steel Superbrights (40-120). They don't make many of these basses, and especially not in this colour. If you want something stable, powerful, unique and something that will last you forever, this is your baby. They cost £3200.00 (RRP), so grab a beautiful, handmade, rare and beautiful bass while you can. The bass is located in South Wales. I'd prefer collection, but happy to post if it will help the buyer. I have the box it was sent in. Any questions, please feel free to PM me and I will do all I can to help.
      Possible trades and no sunburst’s please - 
      US Fender Elite Precision with maple board plus cash my way.
      Yamaha BB3000a plus cash my way.
      Yamaha 2025x plus a little cash my way.
      Mike Lull PJ4 with maple board.
      ——————————————————
      Here are the specs of the bass, including weight 
      Type: Bolt-on featuring the 10/90 System (10% carbon with 90% of wood).
      Wood: Maple naturally dried for 3 years
      Shape: D
      Finish: Gloss varnish where the varnish dries for 5 weeks minimum
      Width of neck at nut: 46mm / 1.81"
      Width of neck at last fret: 73,7mm / 2.9"
      Depth of neck at first fret: 20,5mm / .81"
      Depth of neck at 12th fret: 24mm / .94"
      String spacing at nut: 38mm / 1.50"
      String spacing at bridge: 72mm / 2.89"
      Action as supplied at 12th fret, treble: 2.0mm / .079"
      Action as supplied at 12th fret, bass: 2.7mm / 0.11"
      Type of nut: Teflon nut + hardened zero fret technology
      Fingerboard Wood: Maple
      Radius: 300mm/11.81"
      Type of frets: Medium
      Number of frets: 24
      Scale length: 860mm / 33.8"
      Inlay: Dots
      Body Wood: Two centre-joined pieces of solid, naturally aged alder.
      Machine heads brand name: Schaller custom
      Bridge brand name: Vigier quick release with a brass casing that inserts deep into the body and locks the strap button in place. It is Chrome finished.
      Electronics
      Pickup brand name: Vigier
      Type of pickup: Single coil.
      Switch: Balance
      Electronic: Active
      A hum-cancelling circuit eliminates the hum usually associated with single-coil pickups to create a true studio-quiet performance: single-coil tone without the hum.
      Controls: Volume / Balance / Bass / Middle / Treble
      Shielding: Conductive paint
      Weight: 3,8Kg / 8.3lbs
      It comes with the original Vigier hard case
      It is strung with Dunlop SuperBrights Stainless Steel 40-120
      Made in: France

• By p4ul
      My 1st propper serious purchase for a good long while and so, Let me tell you a potted histooooooooooory.
      It's the 70's and we are all punks, just plug and play!
       I hated being the bass player for a long while, but being the youngest, all the cool instruments were taken by the big kids.
      I hated that effing Columbus.. but the selmer bass twin in Croc skin I would like back now please. thank you.
      I had to sneak into our 1st gig round the back door and played behind the drummer... I was 11 years old.
      The other guys told the promoter I had dwarfism.. I feces you not.

The 70's ended and I could actually play a bit better, and had Larry graham and Boosty fever, then Mark King came along and the Bass Centre in Wapping... what could go wrong!
      The 80's were a weird time, I wore chinos, braces and a tie to rehearsals..5 years before that it was leathers and a red mohawk.
      It was the summer of 82, and brought my 1st real 4 string.. A Red Vigier Passion serial 002.
      SH from Coda music for about £500 iirc [deal of the decade] Slapped the actual feces out of the 80's..... and then...

The 90's happened, and things went from baggy to grunge and i swapped, yes swapped the Beautiful Vigier Passion for........
      A beat up Hofner a SH Gibson LP mk1 and a 1975 Orange super bass with matching 4x12 [deal of the decade 2]

P-Funk, Nirvana and Ledzep ahoy!
      Start your own recording studio Ahoy!

Bands and music! ROCK AND ROLL! and right on cue - I lost my mind.

Then after some r and rehabilitation
      Some real  life feces happened and I ended up on skid row playing percussion on a 1999 Hamerlin wheel barrow for money...

Its now 4 kids and 30 odd  years later I still have the 92 Gibson and the 63 Hof, and I decided that playing the bass was way better than not.
      So I got match fit and began to play in bands with drums again last year.

All the time thinking of the beautiful Vigier.....The gibbo is good, but she is no lady.
      Joined Bass chat 2018 spent a ton of money on pedals...
      All the time thinking of the beautiful Vigier... some real beauties came up, all too pricey, all too graphity or new and none red enough... 😞
      Then miracle of miracles! 

needless to say, i was skint... but as luck would have it my very great friend who is richer than I [and wearing the hat in picture 2] became my saviour.
      And now after driving for hours in the wind and rain, braving the plague-19..
      I am the very proud and smiley owner of Red Vigier Arpege 126...and original case, one owner from new a Mr Theo Scipio [google him]
      Gaze upon her! ..................... Gaaaaaaaaaaaze! ♥️♥️

Simply Glorious..

TLDR?

After looking for 2 years, I brought an epic bass from an epic dude.

• By barrabass
      For sale my Vigier Passion lll built in 1996.
      It's a spectacular bass, the best bass I've ever had.
      It is in good condition, some small touch without importance.
      Shipping costs to the buyer's account