Why become a member? ×

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Prosebass

Looks lovely... And I'm after a fretless at the moment. I was leaning towards a Squier VM fretless though as I have a Jap Jazz too. How different to a Jazz is it? Apart from a slightly thicker neck?

Just off to my works Christmas do now, so I'll have to refrain from coming home drunk and snapping it up :)

[quote name='Chipps' post='358989' date='Dec 19 2008, 05:25 PM']Looks lovely... And I'm after a fretless at the moment. I was leaning towards a Squier VM fretless though as I have a Jap Jazz too. How different to a Jazz is it? Apart from a slightly thicker neck?

Just off to my works Christmas do now, so I'll have to refrain from coming home drunk and snapping it up :)[/quote]

In that case I will refuse to sell it to you later..... :huh:

It has more bottom end, middle and growl than a Jazz but then different Precisions and Jazz's sound different and a lot is your fingers.... I had a Squier Jazz and until I put a J-East retro and uprated pups (about £150.00) it sounded crap and always felt flimsy. The Mighty Mite necks I use are a licensed direct replacement for Fenders and are much superior to Squier items. I build my basses to be played and although aesthetics are important I think sound / price ratio is more important.
If you need some sound clips I'll try and get some posted later.

Hi Prose, are you going to be making these on a regular basis? I'm not flush with cash at the moment having just bought a pile of prezzies, but I'd be very interested next year. Just looking for a basic waxed natural fretless P a bit like this one....

Cheers

Edited by rjb

[quote name='rjb' post='359040' date='Dec 19 2008, 06:35 PM']Hi Prose, are you going to be making these on a regular basis? I'm not flush with cash at the moment having just bought a pile of prezzies, but I'd be very interested next year. Just looking for a basic waxed natural fretless P a bit like this one....

Cheers[/quote]

PM'd

[quote name='RussFM' post='359252' date='Dec 19 2008, 10:54 PM']Can I buy you a double whiskey? :huh:

Really nice looking bass. Shame I have no money and even less need for a fretless. (But when has GAS ever been about need?)[/quote]

Cheers....
everyone should have a fretless in their arsenal and a chorus pedal just to annoy our uber cool bretheren who think there is something wrong with 1980's bass playing... :)

[quote name='kingforaday' post='366114' date='Dec 30 2008, 11:37 AM']+1 thats a really nice touch[/quote]

thanks , it took a few hours with the fretsaw and files.....

Have you not seen the T-40 dangerboy has for sale ? [topic="35685"]Peavey[/topic]

[quote name='Prosebass' post='366175' date='Dec 30 2008, 12:45 PM']Black Black Black why do you keep me in the cupboard mother and feed me pins ?

...Can be arranged , I'll leave it for a week or so and then maybe spray it up.[/quote]

Needs to have the neck finished black and all black hardware too!