Left leaderboard
manudepaz

SOLD JERZY DROZD OBSESSION LEGEND 6 FRETLESS
£2950
MADRID

Selling my Obsession Legend VI fretless, very good condition (9/10),  case included.

Price drop: 2500GBP

No trades, please.

Specifications:   

- 6 string

- Scale     35"

- Fretless with 36 fret positions

- Body: mahogany/maple

- Construction: bolton neck

- Neck: maple

- Fretboard: Ebony

- Nut: Ebony

- Bridge: Jerzy Drozd propietary bridge and tailpiece, string spacing is not adjustable

- Piezo: RMC

- Hardware color Gold

- Pickups: Jerzy Drozd split single coil type pickup + RMC pickups at bridge

- Electronics: Aguilar OBP-3 active preamp - 3 band

- Controls: Volume, Balance, Treble, Middle, Bass, Passive tone, Active/pasive switch

- Knobs: Wooden dome knobs, 18mm diameter

- Body finish: Poliurethane/ Acrilic satin finish

- Neck finish: Poliurethane/ Acrilic satin finish

Edited by manudepaz
  • Like 10

If this was fretted we might be having a discussion! Reminds me of Yves Carbonne's 12... 

20190710_062832.thumb.jpg.8259ccd30e53e2a1c57e2ab495c924fc.jpg

• Like 1

You are a lefty too, Russ, are you ? 🤔 🤣

Very very very nice fretless bass indeed (but I'm stuck to 34 inches scale).

GLWYS.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, binky_bass said:

If this was fretted we might be having a discussion! Reminds me of Yves Carbonne's 12... 

20190710_062832.thumb.jpg.8259ccd30e53e2a1c57e2ab495c924fc.jpg

Yes, absolutely, it's the Yves Carbonne signature.

6 hours ago, binky_bass said:

If it was fretted I would be interested!

You know that there are many luthiers who can make it a fretted one... 😉

I mean I would offer a trade for your bass, but you only want to sell, and I don't have cash to buy it! (And if I did get it, I would have it fretted)

4 hours ago, binky_bass said:

I mean I would offer a trade for your bass, but you only want to sell, and I don't have cash to buy it! (And if I did get it, I would have it fretted)

I understood you. 

One sixer out of 38 for sale on BassChat !!!

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By alzamatt
      Fbass AC6 in mint conditions 
      Shipping in EU included in the price 
      Description on 
      http://www.fbass.com/models/model/ac
      Finger ramp easily removable attached with light double scotch tape 
      4700 Pounds              NOW 4400 Pounds or 4600 Euro including shipping in EU countries
      Possible trades only with FODERA Basses 34" 

v widget

• By moley6knipe
      WITHDRAWN - Mods please close. 
      Ibanez SRF705 Portamento fretless 5 string. £500 (no trades)
      Feb 2014 Portamento 5 string in good condition: one very light scratch on rear and one ding on the top (shown in photos). Fantastic bass: light, lovely to play and a huge range of sounds. The Aerosilk Piezo pickup is brilliant: really 'woody' tones. AFAIK I'm second owner from new: I'm never going to use a fretless with my band because it's 100% wrong for what we play and I've run out of space, hence the sale. https://www.ibanez.com/eu/products/detail/srf705_1p_05.html
      Collection preferred, or will drive up to an hour from PE11 postcode to deliver / meet. Happy to discuss sending by courier too at buyer's expense.
      34" scale 7.7lb / 3.7kg Unlined '30 fret' neck (has side lines and dots) 16.5mm string spacing at bridge 45mm nut 305mm neck radius Neck-through Cosmo Black hardware Active 9 volt 2 x Bartolini MK1 pickups, each with own vol Bass/treble boost/cut Piezo bridge pickup with own vol Active tone Trim pots to adjust individual string volume There is some minor tarnishing on the hardware. Pots all function properly with no crackle. Tuners operate as you'd expect. Truss rod turns easily. Very low action: if you dig in, you'll likely want to increase the relief! I guess it's fitted with the D'Addario Chromes that it left the factory with... I've certainly never restrung it.

• By Pinball
      "Tic-tac bass" is a method of playing, in which a muted baritone guitar doubles the part played by the bass guitar or double bass. The method is commonly used in country music"
      Emily Sings is experimental and new for me and I ended up revisiting an old bass technique. I needed to as with sparse playing and no percussion it does the job of the rhythm section well. It's a fretless with a bass Vi picking out the beat.  There is similar treatment in the other tracks. Doing your own thing and being able to experiment is fantastic. I hope that you like it.

• By Pinball
      Emily Sings is the first of several planned singles and videos from the experimental new album “Blue and Hazy”, which is scheduled for release late in 2020. I hope you enjoy it.

Recording took longer than I expected due to a number of errr challenges. There is only vocals, acoustic and bass guitars on this track but without drums the guitar and bass are also the rhythm section and had to be spot on to get the sound I wanted.
      I envisaged using double bass but in practice that didn’t have enough sustain and notes faded out too quickly. Pete suggested trying his Ibanez SRH fretless bass. This sorted the tone and sustain but it lacked high end and bite. Additional bass was added with a Eastwood Sidejack Vi, a 6 string bass that was played over the top in tic-tac style with a pick.
      The guitar signal was split into two and recorded as both an acoustic and effect signal. These were then blended back together for a tighter sound. That also allowed sume subtle fading in and out of the reverb. I used a favourite Taylor (mahogany) guitar, with a Strymon Big Sky reverb pedal. It generates all of the choral, background swells and is also used on the solos.
      Vocals were tweaked by Charlie Lintern in the studio. Some lines were changed later and I found that my voice had changed slightly, as I’d had corona virus. A permanent change I’m told, not that it sounds better or worse, just slightly different.

Recording Credits:
      Eddie Mole: Guitars, vocals and bass
      Peter Brownbridge: fretless bass
      Sound Engineer: Charlie Lintern
      Recorded at 13 sound studios at Weston super Mare
    • By TimCook
      Here’s something a bit special... a stunning Jerzy Drozd at his unabashed finest.
      It was originally listed for $6,600 on the Bass Club Chicago website and I purchased it second hand in 2016. It’s ultra light-weight (3.5kg) and has a slim, satin-silky neck that’s a joy to glide around. Despite the light weight, the Aguilar OBP-3 makes it an absolute tone-monster and the passive tone control an added bonus!
      There are a few sites to check out for further photos and specs; Jerzy Drozd’s website, NoTreble bass of the week (I’m a proud owner) and the original listing on Bass Club Chicago.
      Jerzy Drozd website:  https://www.jerzydrozdbasses.com/jerzy-drozd-soul-iv-matisse-blue
      Bass of the Week August 2016:  https://www.notreble.com/buzz/2016/08/01/bass-of-the-week-jerzy-drozd-soul-iv-matisse/
      Original Listing:  https://www.bassclubchicago.com/product_p/jdsoul4matisse.htm
      Here’s the spec list:
      * High Gloss Matisse Blue Finish with accentuated wood grain with White Pearl finish over body and headstock
      * Satin Matisse Blue finish over fretboard and neck
      * 34" scale, 38mm nut width
      * 24 frets
      * Birdseye Maple fretboard
      * JeD4XS single coil split noiseless pickups
      * Aguilar OBP3 Preamp
      * Passive Tone
      * Active/Passive Switch
      * Midrange Frequency Switch 400/800 Hz
      * Mother of Pearl Headstock Logo
      * Padouk pickup covers and knobs
      * Hipshot Ultralite Tuners
      * 7.7 lbs (3.5 kg)
      For full disclosure, there is a bump on the headstock edge (pictured) and a tiny indent on the neck heel.
      Please do visit the linked websites, the photo’s are so much better than what I can achieve using my phone. It’ll come with a Jerzy Drozd branded soft/hardcase and all Allen keys for adjustments.
      Any questions at all, pop me a message.