Why become a member? ×

help fund Rocco prestia's solo album

funkgod

A rather Apples with Oranges discussion this I think. 

I am afraid Rocco is not going to get 50k as there is not 50k worth of interest in his solo work, crowd funding has been used to great effect by some, but I think that the type of music and fanbase Rocco operates in probably is more used to buying  physical format than digital. 

Wrt 50k, if you use a good studio/produced/ get some know artists in etc. etc. that money will just about get you there including mastering, post production etc. Especially if we are talking US market. I get that amount. WIth technology you no longer needs to spend anywhere near that to get a good product, but perhaps that is not what mr Prestia is looking for.

Edited by HazBeen

I actually thought he was dead, obviously wrong 😁.

Crowdfunding is fine, I guess if you know the artist’s style and material. Too many people use it who you’ve never heard of, I get requests from people via social media quite regularly.

With regard to this guy, surely he should be in a position to not need to resort to it? I also think that the money he’s asking seems to be rather a lot.

Personally I wouldn’t donate, I hate funk, but I guess if you’re a fan of his, and have money to spare, then why not. 

Only $7000 and this is written so enticingly how does anyone resist?

"The day of the recording session will be chosen by the Rocco camp: All travel, lodging, food, tax and any other expenses are the sole responsibility of the receiver of the invitation.  Rocco is excited to welcome you as an honored guest however, recording of any kind is strictly forbidden: Any attempt to do so will result in termination of this invitation. Rocco, nor any of his team will be responsible for any expenses lost.  By accepting the invitation, you agree to the terms."

• Like 1

On 20/06/2019 at 19:58, spongebob said:

I'm not sure of any other medium that you pay for something upfront that you've not heard/experienced. 

It's like the artist saying you like me, so my name is enough for your cash! 

The ‘arts’ is probably built on benefactors funding pieces on commission, paintings, sculpture and even classical composers.

if he gets one benefactor who loves his music he is set up , but I’m not sure that crowdfunding is the way to find it though 

• Like 1

On 20/06/2019 at 13:54, Leonard Smalls said:

I helped crowdfund a mate's album. For £20 I got not only the pleasure of seeing his little face after recording with Dudley Philips on bass and Martin France on drums, but 1 cd, vinyl LP and download.

Which was nice!

Perfect Houseplants. One of my all time favourite collection of musicians. 

20 hours ago, thebassist said:

Only $7000 and this is written so enticingly how does anyone resist?

"The day of the recording session will be chosen by the Rocco camp: All travel, lodging, food, tax and any other expenses are the sole responsibility of the receiver of the invitation.  Rocco is excited to welcome you as an honored guest however, recording of any kind is strictly forbidden: Any attempt to do so will result in termination of this invitation. Rocco, nor any of his team will be responsible for any expenses lost.  By accepting the invitation, you agree to the terms."

An absolute bargain, sign me up. I promise not to mention that I thought he was dead.