Why become a member? ×

Am I wrong to be worried?

Skinnyman

I have a thing about keys players. Arrogant, full of their own self importance. If they arent't overly loud cause they think they are the star of the show they are playing the bass part with their left hand when its not required.

Personally i'd get rid of him but its a tricky one with him and the gtr'd being best buddies.

Maybe he had good reason for cancelling ......did he not say why as a matter of courtesy ?

At the start of a new band the set list is short so there can be a lot of spare time at a 3hr rehearsal. Once set is longer you can "gig" your set list. Play it as if at a gig with no gaps or delays between songs to get a feel for how it will all work. That won't give him time to faff around between songs.

Dave

• Like 3

I remember a keyboard player once who turned up to a rehearsal with a huge cardboard box...

"I've just bought a new keyboard"

He spent the rest of the rehearsal unpacking it, reading the manual and making wibbley-weebley noises.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

I know it's early days and i may be doing him an injustice - but I'm getting a bad feeling that he's not going to put the effort in to get us up to speed.

Am i being neurotic?

No and yes!

If the band is worth it put as much effort in as you can. Don't worry about the others. Do your bit. "Adjustments" can be made later.

• Like 1