Why become a member? ×

Over three grand!!!!!

Ok its for charidee, but I can't get my head around how anyone would want to pay so much for this. Its not as if its actually one of Stings basses, just a standard CIJ sig model with a scribble on the Pickguard.

I like the sting bass, but I'm always put off by the 12th fret pearl block with the printed signature. Having the pickguard autographed as well would really ruin it. :)

Surely it can't be that difficult to get Mr Sting to sign a pickguard.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Japanese-Fender-Sting-Signature-Bass-Autographed_W0QQitemZ250333663104QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item250333663104&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1298|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318"]Autographed Sting bass on eBay[/url]

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='348352' date='Dec 8 2008, 09:13 AM']Ok its for charidee, but I can't get my head around how anyone would want to pay so much for this. Its not as if its actually one of Stings basses, just a standard CIJ sig model with a scribble on the Pickguard.

I like the sting bass, but I'm always put off by the 12th fret pearl block with the printed signature. Having the pickguard autographed as well would really ruin it. :huh:

Surely it can't be that difficult to get Mr Sting to sign a pickguard.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Japanese-Fender-Sting-Signature-Bass-Autographed_W0QQitemZ250333663104QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item250333663104&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1298|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318"]Autographed Sting bass on eBay[/url][/quote]

MB1. :)
O!....Sting Bass!....I thought you said Ming vaaaase! :huh:

Edited by MB1

[quote name='johnnylager' post='348367' date='Dec 8 2008, 09:35 AM']Didn't Stuart Copeland have 'Sting is a c***' written on his tom heads or is it an urban myth? How much would they be worth?[/quote]

I think it was F#*k off you c*#t so the roadies would get the drums in the right order... :)