Why become a member? ×

Scott Devine Latest

stewblack

2 minutes ago, Elfrasho said:

If I could start all over again, I would love to have used his playing style as inspiration. I love playing pick in the house, but don't think my technique is strong enough to be used live! Although this wee clip has made me want to practice more! 

yeah I was searching for a pick behind the PC!

I always wanted to use a pick just for the sound. Obviously I am a fingers player, but wanted to use a pick for certain songs when the sound called for it. Trouble is, I can only play simple bass lines with a pick. I can’t easily cross strings. It’s obvioulsy because I have not got used to a pick over the years and I need to practice more  but at this stage it’s hard to change. 

I saw BV's master class and his clinic with Scott at the last LBGS, what an inspiration. Fortunately, my pick chops are regularly exercised from playing guitar, so it was easy to experiment with playing songs I normally play with my fingers (although I had to get thinner picks for bass than I use with guitar for the right sound, 0.73mm à la BV). I'm so glad I tried it, I now play a fair amount of my band's song with a pick as they just sound better with it.