Why become a member? ×

Source Audio C4 Synth Pedal

GisserD

On 10/02/2023 at 08:11, Ander87 said:

Having a hell of a Friday morning here, thanks!

haha loving it, coffee in hand, some decent lead tones. 

Haha! Glad to hear man. Best enjoyed in moderation.

Those lead sounds are coming from the Meris Enzo running in parallel to the C4; but pretty much all of the C4 patches are from @Quatschmacher and are on the Neuro app. 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Had to cancel my birthday plans today due to being snowed in. Annoying as I was supposed to be picking up my custom Shuker bass.

On the plus side, I got to do a bit of C4 programming. I recently got to borrow a Yamaha DX7 so have been getting to grips with FM synthesis and wanted to bring some of what I’ve learned to the C4’s FM engine, particularly being able to replicate analogue style basis waveforms. I wasn’t able to accomplish everything due to some of the architectural quirks of the C4 (such as FM depth always being routed through an envelope) but I’ve managed to create a third (somewhat muted) sawtooth wave to make some big 3-saw sounds. 

Also did some other FM basses. 

Have posted the new patches to Neuro. Hope you enjoy them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Had to cancel my birthday plans today due to being snowed in. Annoying as I was supposed to be picking up my custom Shuker bass.

On the plus side, I got to do a bit of C4 programming. I recently got to borrow a Yamaha DX7 so have been getting to grips with FM synthesis and wanted to bring some of what I’ve learned to the C4’s FM engine, particularly being able to replicate analogue style basis waveforms. I wasn’t able to accomplish everything due to some of the architectural quirks of the C4 (such as FM depth always being routed through an envelope) but I’ve managed to create a third (somewhat muted) sawtooth wave to make some big 3-saw sounds. 

i think tonight is finally the night i load your patches onto my FI. I just haven't found the time. 

That shuker looks like it is going to be amazing.

Happy birthday!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

That sounds awesome, looking forward to checking them out in the next couple of days. 

• Like 1

I have to say it's people like you @Quatschmacher keep me trying with this pedal. I've accepted I'll probably never learn to programme it myself but the work you put in and share so freely with the community gives me seemingly endless patches to keep trying until I find some I can use. 

Thank you 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Just uploaded another series of 16 FM basses.

Just found them- (They are v loud!)

had my first go programming it myself tonight - finally worked out how to turn the sequencer on! This wee box can do so many cool things! 

20 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Just found them- (They are v loud!)

had my first go programming it myself tonight - finally worked out how to turn the sequencer on! This wee box can do so many cool things! 

As always, adjust input and output to suit your own instrument. These were all programmed on a passive P bass and are obviously fine volume-wise for that setup. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

On 11/02/2023 at 10:05, HoorayForAnonyms said:

Trying to create a patch that gets close to this sound but not quite getting there. Any suggestions or anyone aware of an existing patch that comes close? 😊

That’s a stock Yamaha DX7 patch. Not really possible on C4, but try some of the FM basses I uploaded last night to get in the ballpark (I did 16 different ones and a few use that high frequency modulation heard here).

30 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

I've finally given in and ordered one after years of procrastination.

Expect a great deal of "WTAF am I doing?" type questions in the very near future! :D 

Best advice from this numpty is: the mobile app is very easy to use. If you choose pre made patches and just edit the output level, bass and treble and mix levels, it's a good 'way in' to the editor.

@Quatschmacher's patches are the best.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Best advice from this numpty is: the mobile app is very easy to use. If you choose pre made patches and just edit the output level, bass and treble and mix levels, it's a good 'way in' to the editor.

As I'm an apple whore my phone doesn't have a headphone socket.

Will it work with a headphone to lightning adapter?

38 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

As I'm an apple whore my phone doesn't have a headphone socket.

Will it work with a headphone to lightning adapter?

I think you can get an adapter to split the headphone audio from the whatever-it-is-socket they've put on the phone this season.

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

Thanks. I’d also recommend checking patches by users thehook, sifrancis, nathannavarro, fivestringgecko and markneary1.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fretmeister said:

I hooked it up to my computer and downloaded some random patches,

My word, there’s a lot of crap to sift through! Some are hilariously bad.

Ive never laughed so much about a pedal! 😂

Bear in mind that input gain and output levels will need to be adjust and saved per patch to work best with your own instrument. 

I’d highly recommend starting with patches by the users I listed above (and my own). Or sort by patches with the most likes. Or make your own. 

• 5 months later...
31 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

@Quatschmacher - Will the Neuro App work with iOS stuff that only has a USB C output if I use a USB C to headphone adapter?

That should work for 1-way communication into Input 2 on the pedal with the supplied audio cable. 

If you want 2-way communication over USB (on the pedals that support this), you’ll need the Camera Connection Kit.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Just uploaded some nice phaser presets that I’ve tried to match as closely as possible to an MXR Phase 95 and Maestro Orbit. They were created on Spectrum but will also work on C4. 

Seems to be a weird issue with these presets not recalling correctly over iOS on my phone. I’m going to try them on desktop to see if that’s better. They sound totally different when recalling them from internal memory. I’ve encountered this before.

Edit - desktop seems ok. Obviously a bug somewhere in the iOS app. 

Edited by Quatschmacher