Why become a member? ×

Source Audio C4 Synth Pedal

GisserD

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought the C4 and a dmc micro. Ichad to order and adapter to connect but looking forward to getting stuck in.

2 questions if anyone might know.

Is there an easy way to rearrange order of presets? I am able to load them but id like to change the 6 defaultones to test out others while i wait for my adapter. 

Second question is can i usebthe multi jack on the dmc micro to plug an expression pedal into the C4? Do i have to config?

14 hours ago, lidl e said:

I just bought the C4 and a dmc micro. Ichad to order and adapter to connect but looking forward to getting stuck in.

2 questions if anyone might know.

Is there an easy way to rearrange order of presets? I am able to load them but id like to change the 6 defaultones to test out others while i wait for my adapter. 

Second question is can i usebthe multi jack on the dmc micro to plug an expression pedal into the C4? Do i have to config?

You currently can’t drag and drop presets. That will be implemented in Neuro 3.0. The way to do it currently is delete an unwanted preset and use the spare slot to re-save a preset to the empty slot and then delete the original. 

You can of course simply overwrite any preset with another. 

• Thanks 1

Ive got it mostly sorted. There are some really amazing presets.

Im not mad about how the dmc micro turns on/off the C4 by holding down the left button. Then if i turn off and change presets, it turns the C4 back on. Im sure there is a fix for that.

Also, it does seem to just lose connection from time to time for seemingly no reason. It makes me worried to use it live. It will be working changing patches then just stop only to kick back in a minute later.  

I also wemt through and named everything on the renamer site,  but then did an accidental factory reset. 

Edited by lidl e

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Quatschmacher just got the SA dual expression pedal for my C4.

Since probably 45% oy my presets are by you, have you got any that utilise the expression pedal?

Im finding of the 127 patches i DLed, very few have exp enabled. I believe i can use the wditor to enable for each preset?

1 hour ago, lidl e said:

@Quatschmacher just got the SA dual expression pedal for my C4.

Since probably 45% oy my presets are by you, have you got any that utilise the expression pedal?

Im finding of the 127 patches i DLed, very few have exp enabled. I believe i can use the wditor to enable for each preset?

If you are viewing them in the order I uploaded them, I probably started adding expression not in the very first ones.

if you’re viewing on the desktop edition, you should be able to see if external control is enabled by scrolling down. In some cases I mention it in the description.

You can easily add some assignments if there aren’t any there and resave. 

On 07/01/2024 at 17:32, Quatschmacher said:

If you are viewing them in the order I uploaded them, I probably started adding expression not in the very first ones.

if you’re viewing on the desktop edition, you should be able to see if external control is enabled by scrolling down. In some cases I mention it in the description.

You can easily add some assignments if there aren’t any there and resave. 

I loaded up a bunch of Quatschmacher expression pedal patches (as well as others).

Love it! So many cool ones. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, LukeFRC said:

Hello!

how many of you use a C4 without a preset switcher? 

Funny you mention that. 

Ive just today made the decision that i dont need to use the dmc in a live setting so will be moving my 6 favourites into the onboard slots and only worry about the switcher for jams.

With the board i have, it is just too awkward sized for my big ass feet.

Also losing it clears the way for my new deep freeze which will see a lot of foot action.

Before

20240129_144059.thumb.jpg.a3758079995f9c99fcf9c04f75df3e74.jpg

After

20240129_142457.thumb.jpg.a72578356e26df49705fd1b2f3f062c7.jpg

1 minute ago, lidl e said:

Funny you mention that. 

Ive just today made the decision that i dont need to use the dmc in a live setting so will be moving my 6 favourites into the onboard slots and only worry about the switcher for jams.

With the board i have, it is just too awkward sized for my big ass feet.

Also losing it clears the way for my new deep freeze which will see a lot of foot action.

Before

20240129_144059.thumb.jpg.a3758079995f9c99fcf9c04f75df3e74.jpg

After

20240129_142457.thumb.jpg.a72578356e26df49705fd1b2f3f062c7.jpg

hmmm but one with the plugs on the end would work better... 

1 minute ago, LukeFRC said:

hmmm but one with the plugs on the end would work better... 

A different switcher? For sure!

Any good one? The cabling on this one makes it very awkward,  but it works great and was so wasy to setup.

8 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

Hello!

how many of you use a C4 without a preset switcher? 

I've never used a switcher with it, but that's because I've only ever had 2 sounds I needed for one band. Leaning down to flick the switch looks a bit dumb I guess but its only two songs.

2 hours ago, bassist_lewis said:

I've never used a switcher with it, but that's because I've only ever had 2 sounds I needed for one band. Leaning down to flick the switch looks a bit dumb I guess but its only two songs.

See what I really want is a rotary knob that lets me choose any of the 140 odd presets... the footswitchs are ok but having to remember what each patch is from number quickly gets tiring

3 hours ago, bassist_lewis said:

You can long press the footswitch to change banks so you could put one sound in one bank, the other in the other bank at the same toggle position. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

You can long press the footswitch to change banks so you could put one sound in one bank, the other in the other bank at the same toggle position. 

To switch from the green 3 setting to the red 3 settings tou can long press the footswitch? You dont ha e to hit the little button on back?

13 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

not working for me. do you have to enable it? 

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

I just checked mine. It does work.

It takes about 7 or 8 seconds of holding so not super useful.

2 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

Yes. I think it’s incompatible with the mode where you long press the footswitch to overwrite the preset settings.

Set pedal to “default” mode and enable quick switching in the settings menu of the desktop app. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

Is there anythung Quatschmacher doesn't know???

Ive asked you so many questions, "Quatschmacher" comes up on my autofill before "question"

Edited by lidl e
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is it possible to do "live demos" of online community patches withiut having to first burn them to pedal?

I feel like there is and i even read about it but decided to focus on basic functionality first. 

Am i imagining that?

Is it possible to do "live demos" of online community patches withiut having to first burn them to pedal?

I feel like there is and i even read about it but decided to focus on basic functionality first. 

Am i imagining that?

Am i imagining that?

yes - you just click on them and can trial them.