Why become a member? ×

Afternoon from Aylesbury 🤟

scarfey

Hey all, just joined, thanks for having me. Was a six-stringer for around 12 years, playing inconsistently, and decided to give bass a go back in October.

Currently rocking an Ibanez SR370E (after a neck pocket issue on a Jetstream green SR300E!), practicing through a Fender Rumble 15. I also go to a local music group, and played my first show a couple weeks ago as part of that. 

Rock on!

IMG_20190107_225137_810.jpg

IMG-20181216-WA0015.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bobthedog said:

Welcome Scarfey from 13 miles away. I believe my bass tutor is one of the tutors there too.

Hey Bobthedog, do you mean Rob? He teaches the Wycombe group, sadly no bass tutor at the Aylesbury group just yet! Nice bloke though if it's the same guy! 

2 hours ago, scarfey said:

Hey Bobthedog, do you mean Rob? He teaches the Wycombe group, sadly no bass tutor at the Aylesbury group just yet! Nice bloke though if it's the same guy! 

My tutor is a guy named Jamie. I think he actually does guitar for the juniors either there or Oxford. 

• Thanks 1

Welcome and very well done on your first gig! It can be scary at first (I was terrified!) but confidence comes with practice and experience. Hopefully The Rock Project will give you continuing opportunities and support. Very best wishes for your bass playing future, please let us know how it goes! 

• Thanks 1