Why become a member? ×

New Year's Resolutions 2019

Frank Blank

Ok, I'll start. I was assuming someone else might but, anyway...

If I spent as much time practicing bass and writing music as I did reading and commenting on Basschat I'd be a far better player! I realise/appreciate that BC is a powerful and hugely useful reference guide and tool for any bass player but hell, I spend so much time just mooching on here and essentially wasting time. So I suppose the resolution really is to practice more and, of course, that doesn't have to be at the expense of BC, I just need to prioritise. 

• Like 4

The band had a chat this morning and all agreed our collective resolution is to gig more this year than last. Which shouldn't be hard! Again it's partly a case of everyone making it a priority, and possibly letting other things be less important (little things, you know, like wives, or children, or jobs... 🙂 )  

• Like 2

With a lack of gigs on the horizon for both bands I am going to concentrate on getting some decent recordings of the songs we do, so it will be a case of learning the ins and outs of Reaper and learning some production and mastering skills, that and play more fretless bass again

• Like 1