Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN from sale. Steinberger XL-2 1983/4. Almost immaculate
£2200

police squad

Ok for sale is my beloved Steinberger XL-2

It has the plug in Leg Rest.

It is in wonderful condition and has the original gig bag.

At some point someone has added 3 schaller strap buttons which prevent damage when you stand it against the amp.

Works great, sounds mega

but I have gas for something else that I've fallen in love with

No trades just cash please.

Can meet half way I'm in Deal, Kent

any more info, just ask

steinberger xl2 001.JPG

steinberger xl2 003.JPG

steinberger 001.JPG

Edited by police squad
withdrawn from sale
  • Like 1

That’s a pretty rare early 1984 transitional XL2 with the plug-in leg rest normally found on the L2, rare seeing the leg rest as most L2s I’ve seen are missing them.

Brilliant basses with sound and sustain to die for, GLWTS.

• Thanks 1

Always wanted one of these - this one looks beautiful!  Extraordinary level of innovation in this one instrument - a massive re-think of the possible and desirable.  An instrument of its time but for all time.  

Edited by three

This looks almost new - amazing and a far cry from my own battered and worn but much loved L2.

I have enough Steinbergers in my possession but if anyone is vaguely interested in this bass, my advice would be that the minimum number of Steinbergers a bass player should have is definitely one!

Someone will be getting a rare treat!

GLWTS

On 07/12/2018 at 21:15, Cairobill said:

I'm Steinberger free at the moment but given available cash, I would jump on this in a heartbeat. I had a transitional XL2 and it was a beast. A very, very playable beast :)

I know you had, Cairobill. I know you had. ;) These basses are gorgeous!
There seems to be a lot of different knob configurations. My first and second hav volume, volume, tone, the third had 2 band eq, and the fourth has balance, volume,tone.

5 hours ago, EMG456 said:

This looks almost new - amazing and a far cry from my own battered and worn but much loved L2.

I have enough Steinbergers in my possession but if anyone is vaguely interested in this bass, my advice would be that the minimum number of Steinbergers a bass player should have is definitely one!

Someone will be getting a rare treat!

GLWTS

thanks mate, even I'm impressed at how clean it is. I took more detailed pictures for someone and I couldn't quite believe it.

If I don't get what I want for it, I'll be keeping hold

Hope you're enjoying the XL2!

19 hours ago, bassmayhem said:

I know you had, Cairobill. I know you had. ;) These basses are gorgeous!
There seems to be a lot of different knob configurations. My first and second hav volume, volume, tone, the third had 2 band eq, and the fourth has balance, volume,tone.

Sounds like you're enjoying the XL2! Awesome basses. Thoroughly recommended instruments and as rare as you like folks...

Edited by Cairobill