Why become a member? ×

Oh it's horrible

itsmedunc

4 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

I Like his style: david G.: ah think y waiting a long time f an offer!

£50 for a Squier neck, tuners, bridge, etc may not be too bad (can't tell condition from the photos) - ideal for a project?

I think you might need to see some close up shots! :lol: The bridge is sort of errr, maybe a Soviet 60's reject? The neck looks, well, ummm, like you wouldn't want to touch it. Something really weird going on at fret 20? Doesn't look like the same neck when you look at the headstock? Pups hanging out. Tuners might be ok though!

Redicluous post.  Must be some teenager. Who else types like they're texting ?   He cuts the 3 letter words ' you '  and ' for ' down to a ' y'  and an ' f '  yet types out words like   ' waiting ' ,  which is nearly 3 times as long.  Moron.

Edited by fleabag

29 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Redicluous post.  Must be some teenager. Who else types like they're texting ?   He cuts the 3 letter words ' you '  and ' for ' down to a ' y'  and an ' f '  yet types out words like   ' waiting ' ,  which is nearly 3 times as long.  Moron.

Might be an accent thing - perhaps Yorkshire?  I notice a lot of my old school mates from the North East typing Facebook statuses in phonetic Geordie, but with the added complication of zero punctuation or grammar.  Takes me a while to work it oot mesel....

• Like 1

Can't seem to remember a Squier neck that age with no dots? If you look at the heel end and zoom in, it looks like the neck has been shaved to fit the pocket. Plus there's not enough frets and when zoomed, where there should be a fret there are 2 faint circles? Screws from either side maybe? I definitely wouldn't part with any amount of cash on that one! 

32 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Am I the only person who's being frustrated by the regular misuse of the word "custom". I'm pretty sure the definition does not include "butchered".

Not sure if it is being misused here. To me at least custom means something that is done specifically for one item/application etc. Nothing in the word 'custom' infers anything about the quality.

In this case however it does appear to have been butchered in the process of customising.

Edited by Count Bassy