Why become a member? ×

Sold, thanks, Trace elliot elf amp
£170

kevvo66

Great little amp as new 200watts@ 4ohms, I'm moving house soon so , it was purchased of Wayneworld of this very parish new and boxed up anything I'm not using got to go as I'm moving house this year  comes with all packaging and kettle lead think it's still got some warranty left on it also

Edited by kevvo66

The only reservation  I have is the 200w. Can it keep up with an average four piece band? Not super noisy punk, nor pleasant folk harmonies just a full kit, normal guitarist (ie slightly louder than needs be) and strong vocals. I have tried a TC Electronics 250w combo in rehearsal and it couldn't quite keep up. Are these 200 ordinary watts or TE watts like the in old days do you think?

8 hours ago, stewblack said:

I have tried a TC Electronics 250w combo in rehearsal and it couldn't quite keep up.

I think that the limiting factor there was probably the speakers in the TC, not the amplifier section. I've used a BH250 through a Barefaced Compact and there's more than enough oomph to keep up with an average 4-piece.

S.P.

If every body in the band is occupying  the same frequency space it just becomes a numbers race.In one of my earlier bands I threatened to cut off our very busy keyboard players left hand ,then the guitarist threatened to cut off is right. Improved his playing no end.Strangely after that we could all hear ourselves a little better.There are so many  variables in judging volume watts can sometimes be just a selling point.Just trust to your ears in the end and if what you hear makes you happy, job is a good'un.IMHO the Elf punches above its weight (no pun intended) and would match some other amps boasting bigger numbers,speakers play a huge part in audibility double your speakers and you audibly sound louder because your pushing more air,but I'm not trying to teach anybody to suck eggs hear. Years ago a 100watt H/H and 2x15 felt like it would take the wall out .Would I swap that set up for today's smaller, lighter, efficient gear. In a heart beat.

6 hours ago, Stylon Pilson said:

I think that the limiting factor there was probably the speakers in the TC, not the amplifier section. I've used a BH250 through a Barefaced Compact and there's more than enough oomph to keep up with an average 4-piece.

S.P.

Totally agree. When I extend it through my BF 1X10 the results are splendid. I'm after the holy grail of a bass rig I can carry on a push bike - which is why the Elf appeals.