Why become a member? ×

Imprecision bass

OldGit

[quote name='budget bassist' post='338789' date='Nov 27 2008, 06:47 PM']At the risk of being mauled to death, they have some nice looking les paul copies, i wouldn't mind buying one and modding it a bit[/quote]

Hummmmmmm
Be interesting to see what the shipping costs are an if it actually shows up :)

[quote name='dood' post='339202' date='Nov 28 2008, 08:28 AM']How are they getting away with sticking Fender on the headstock! Surely thats a bit naughty![/quote]

i suppose fender would only have a beef if they where trying to copy fender. the fact that its some cheap ply wood piece of trash that dosent come close to looking like a fender means there not really copying.

it wont affect fender, therefore they wont other. Im my year in 'fashion' that is how companies look at things, but it may be different in bass world.

[quote name='Hamster' post='339585' date='Nov 28 2008, 01:47 PM']Sod the basses - I want a Chinese Air Force Fighter Pilot Helmet!!!

[url="http://www.ebay3a.com/ebay3a/list.asp?id=76339"]http://www.ebay3a.com/ebay3a/list.asp?id=76339[/url][/quote]
Note to self - leave this page open when the missus is next on the computer. On second thoughts, why should I deprive the bloke who sells her the cheap Leatherman copies down the market of his annual sale.

On another forum we were discussing fakes. Some of the fakers say that they have lots of different basses (or guitars) and ask if you can send photographs so that they can make sure that they get you the right instrument. I wonder what would happen if someone used The Gimp or similar graphics program to create a picture of a Fender Jazz bass with a Rick headstock or something and asked if they had any.