Why become a member? ×

Anyone buy the Ed Friedland walking bass lines course??

Damonjames

When I lived in Austin,  used to go to Ed's bass emporium.  Also watched him close up on upright,  gigging in a duo with a guitarist at a pastry shop.  My wife and I were front and center and the only one's giving our undivided attention.  He sat with us during break and couldn't have been nicer.  Quite the class act and wonderful musician.

• Like 2

On 5/13/2018 at 09:27, Yank said:

When I lived in Austin,  used to go to Ed's bass emporium.  Also watched him close up on upright,  gigging in a duo with a guitarist at a pastry shop.  My wife and I were front and center and the only one's giving our undivided attention.  He sat with us during break and couldn't have been nicer.  Quite the class act and wonderful musician.

Would love to visit Ed's emporium if he's still got it. I learnt my upright bass technique from Ed's Jazz Upright Bass book & CD. I'd recommend it for beginners wanting practical advice about the basics of playing technique. Great bloke !!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Damonjames said:

Bloody spewing I missed it. Will have to wait a year for it to come on sale again now!!!

Perhaps you could buy the book to get started with in the meantime? Then you'd have a nice head start when the course comes round again.

Edited by josie
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Mogadon dull teaching style, though doubtless the content is good. I keep falling asleep to the vids so its takes me much longer than it should.  Mark Smith at Talking Bass.net is IMHO far better but it is also far more comprehensive. Like far, far... reading War and Peace to get an outline idea of Franco-Russian relations in the early 19th century.