Why become a member? ×

Schroeder 410L Custom - SOLD

wateroftyne

If you're wanting a cab that'll be 'in your face', Schroeder can definitely do that. I loved my Schroeder, and there was only a few reasons why I moved it on.

I'd snap this up Si if you're looking for a tight sound that's very prominent in the mix. It's also a real looker!

Mark

I think the main thing I'd have an issue with on this cab (aside from the fact it's in Newcastle haha), is the cloth front. I'd definitly need a normal grill. It would be toured heavily in the back of vans!

Again, perhaps Jorg could send me a grill!
I think (touch wood) someone is gonna take my EUB in the next couple of days, so let me think on this!

Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='349498' date='Dec 9 2008, 11:06 AM']I think the main thing I'd have an issue with on this cab (aside from the fact it's in Newcastle haha), is the cloth front. I'd definitly need a normal grill. It would be toured heavily in the back of vans!

Again, perhaps Jorg could send me a grill!
I think (touch wood) someone is gonna take my EUB in the next couple of days, so let me think on this!

Si[/quote]

I know what you mean about having a grill but the Schroeder covers are quite well padded.

[quote name='Sibob' post='349498' date='Dec 9 2008, 11:06 AM']I think the main thing I'd have an issue with on this cab (aside from the fact it's in Newcastle haha), is the cloth front. I'd definitly need a normal grill.[/quote]

Ah - I forgot to mention!

The cloth is on a square frame which also has a reinforcement bar horizontally across the middle. It really makes a difference.

Of course it's not going to offer as much protection as a grille, but it's not totally vulnerable. You could always cut a sheet of ply to fit and lie it on the front before you put the cover on it...

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='349507' date='Dec 9 2008, 11:09 AM']I know what you mean about having a grill but the Schroeder covers are quite well padded.[/quote]

+1 - It's one of the older covers with the Schroeder logo on, too - they're thicker than the more recent ones.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='359844' date='Dec 20 2008, 08:09 PM']Forgot to mention - It's still my main gigging cab, so if you'd like to collect it or just come and give it a go I'm in Barnsley on Jan 3rd, Knaresbrough Jan 23rd or all around Newcastle the rest of the time.[/quote]
Knaresborough is good for me. What's the venue?

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='359905' date='Dec 20 2008, 09:42 PM']Hello!

It's The Frazer Theatre. Drop me a PM nearer the time if you want to come along and I'll pop your name on the door. Or you can pop to the soundcheck if you like. It'll be about 5pm...ish. :)[/quote]
Say no more, squire! It's in my diary.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='364856' date='Dec 28 2008, 02:49 PM']Cheers, Carlos.

I can understand why it's still here. Current climate, bad time of year...

To be honest, if/when I do sell it I'm in biig trouble as it's still my main cab. ha ha. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.[/quote]

ehhhhh...I actually had a coupled of people interested in my cab so if we are a lucky I might be able to buy yours!

Basschat IS a wonderful thing!

:huh:

Oh - I'm not sure what you had in mind but if you are after something "old School" I'd recommend a Bergantino 4x12. I I had it when I lived in Canada but foolishly sold it before I moved. :) another cab that has a relaly nice old school vibe is the now discontinued Sadowsky 410...not very 4x10 sounding at all but very fat and warm sounding cabs. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Delberthot' post='391814' date='Jan 26 2009, 02:52 PM']I wish someone would buy this.

If I had the cash or you wanted a swap for a Corvette $$ 5 string I'd be biting your arm off for it.

This is exactly what i am looking for for use with the rock band.[/quote]

What an absolutely spiffing idea. Me and at least one other NE Basschatter would probably pay money to watch Mr Wateroftyne play a gig on a five string Warwick, eh Mr Hunt? ;) :P :)