Why become a member? ×

Is this Aria pro2 sb600 one of the desirable ones?

TheGreek

It is a lower-tier SB - certainly compared to the 900 & 1000 etc but not poorer quality by any means. It's been refurbed to some extent - the knobs & coil split switch aren't original - but genuine parts (knobs in particular) are pretty much impossible to find. Starting price was probably a bit optimistic considering it's quite bashed up & has replacement parts.

What's odd is that there was an earlier, bolt-neck SB600 which is rarer & probably more collectable than the set neck.

37 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

What's odd is that there was an earlier, bolt-neck SB600 which is rarer & probably more collectable than the set neck.

I've got one of these it dates back to 1979 & I've had it since 1983 ( I think). Great big solid bass & good looking - I prefer it without the stripe.  I've got a letter from Gigsville  from way back providing some info on it as it doesnt have any identifying numbers ( apart from serial no). Apparently there was a supply /demand issue and only a few were imported to the uk.

20171114_195848.jpg