Why become a member? ×

NBD - It’s a fretless!!

Sibob

With JoCee’s 2nd album starting tracking in a couple of weeks, I wanted a few extra tools, a fretless is amongst them! 

I didn’t want a lot of money tied up in one, so I contacted The Bass Centre to see if they could do me a fretless Jive Bass in gold. They could, and with a 3 day turnaround too, meaning I got to have a few hours with it before I leave for NAMM tomorrow.

So yes, a Bass Collection Jive in Jubilee Gold, matching headstock & an Omega bridge! So far i’m very impressed!

E91725AD-3D92-42A1-9923-8AB0BD13A863.thumb.jpeg.ac6261ff8cdeb0a7a43606f00c2d7d7f.jpeg

I’ll do a review when I’m back!

Cheers

Si

That looks great Sibob. I've not tried a Bass Collection instrument, but always thought they look pretty good. At one time, I was fancying one of their Norman Watt-Roy basses, as a backup.
They seem to be good value for the amount of money, and a good choice / selection of basses :)

When you said you'd got a cheap fretless (in your status update) I thought maybe you'd opted for one of the second-hand Squier VM's on here - which IMO, are brilliant, for very little money
I must admit though, your new fretless looks stunning, in that lovely metallic gold :)
It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this bass, once you've had a while to play it... Also, it would be good to know if anyone has compared one of these with a Squier VM

Happy NBD, and happy Mwah'ing ;)  Everyone should have a fretless to dabble with once in a while

7 hours ago, Sibob said:

@Marc S This is basically the Normon Watt Roy bass, but fretless :)

@SpondonBassed The ashtray pickup cover actually comes fitted over the neck pickup, I’ve removed it though.

And Finn (my son) can be thanked for the rug, I actually like it for bass pics haha.

Si

I gave friends one of those rugs (Argos have them) for a christening present for their eldest.  I almost bought another one for myself.  They're great.

It's a very nice NWR tribute.