Left leaderboard

On 1/20/2018 at 13:40, Mikkoantt said:

That FuNkShUi's old Limelight is mine. Its THE only bass I will never sell. Best Precision I ever played....and I have played lots of them. Sound, looks ,playability are really something special. 

Ah, you beat me to it Mikkoantt......
I tried that bass, and loved it. Unfortunately for me, I was waiting to sell another bass first....
Ever since I played that bass of yours, I was convinced that one day I'd have a Fiesta Red Limelight P
Your bass is amazing, and you are right to decide you'll never sell it

uzzel: discreet beat me to it - I was just going to post a link to Mark's website
I emailed him through that website, and he was really easy to deal with
- also, they've got some fab collectible basses on there too :)
(another thing to mention, he sometimes does part-ex as well....)

4 minutes ago, Fisheth said:

I've always wanted one of those, what do their prices start at? 

If you set your budget at around £1k youll be more or less in the ballpark so to speak, by and large, all things being equal, give or take. :D

7 minutes ago, discreet said:

If you set your budget at around £1k youll be more or less in the ballpark so to speak, by and large, all things being equal, give or take. :D

Oooft, that's a lot more than I have right now.

Still less than a 63 RI though! 

However, do they work on a deposit scheme basis? 

Edited by Fisheth

3 minutes ago, Fisheth said:

Oooft, that's a lot more than I have right now. Still less than a 63 RI though! 

Considering what you get, its a complete bargain. You'll pay less if you can snag a used one on here, though.

1 hour ago, foxyFuze said:

Out of interest, are both pickups Limelight's own or did you request something different?

Both pickups are Limelight's own. I'd heard their pickups before, and was well pleased with what I'd heard
I believe they are hand-wound. The certainly sound the biz anyway :)

1 hour ago, discreet said:

1 hour ago, discreet said:

Considering what you get, its a complete bargain. You'll pay less if you can snag a used one on here, though.

Yes, depending on what you want, they are around £850 - just under £1K I believe. Mark will give you a quote on what you're after
And yes, though they aren't '63 RI's - they are less than one, and I think you'd be hard pressed to beat them IMHO
As Mr discreet says, you could wait for one to come up second-hand on the marketplace here, if you wanted to save a bit of cash....
You could always sell it on again, if it doesn't quite meet all your needs (you'd likely get your money back, as they seem to sell for a consistent sort of price)

I really should have bought the one FuNkShUi was selling some time back, as I liked it so much
I waited for another Fiesta Red P to come up, and a couple did (one very recently) but I always seemed to miss them, as they went quickly...
That said, I'm glad I got mine P/J'ed as I'm really sold on that pickup arrangement (and it's something I wouldn't dare do to a '63 AVRI)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marc S said:

Both pickups are Limelight's own. I'd heard their pickups before, and was well pleased with what I'd heard
I believe they are hand-wound. The certainly sound the biz anyway :)

Yes, depending on what you want, they are around £850 - just under £1K I believe. Mark will give you a quote on what you're after
And yes, though they aren't '63 RI's - they are less than one, and I think you'd be hard pressed to beat them IMHO
As Mr discreet says, you could wait for one to come up second-hand on the marketplace here, if you wanted to save a bit of cash....
You could always sell it on again, if it doesn't quite meet all your needs (you'd likely get your money back, as they seem to sell for a consistent sort of price)

I really should have bought the one FuNkShUi was selling some time back, as I liked it so much
I waited for another Fiesta Red P to come up, and a couple did (one very recently) but I always seemed to miss them, as they went quickly...
That said, I'm glad I got mine P/J'ed as I'm really sold on that pickup arrangement (and it's something I wouldn't dare do to a '63 AVRI)

I'm going to send a cheeky email to them now, you might find some of my basses for sale sooner rather than later though! 

Email sent about a 63 spec'd bass. Hopefully Lake Placid Blue, I've looked at some of the other bass companies but nobody does a colour like the big F LPB. So hopefully it'll be doable.

I'm guessing no here, but would they do one as a 5er? 

Edited by Fisheth

3 hours ago, Fisheth said:

However, do they work on a deposit scheme basis? 

Deposit is usually £200.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hutton said:

Deposit is usually £200.

Cool, depends on the wait time if I can order straight away, if not it'll have to be the end of March/start of April before I can do it. 

But going through the limelight thread there's a lot of groovy basses. 

This example in this thread is a stunner though! 

2 minutes ago, Fisheth said:

Cool, depends on the wait time if I can order straight away...

You should get 6 or 8 weeks to find the balance. :)

Edit: There you go, wrong again. :D

Edited by discreet