Why become a member? ×

Cab bling

jimbartlett

Well, just out of interest, i  uncoiled everything  to see how it joined up, but its rather confusing. Has  1  female plug  and 1 male plug on the light strip

(you can just see the plug ends in the pic )

But the connector on the white block has 1 female.  ( see pic of white block )    So, the strip has one surplus  female plug that is gonna be floating around.

I dont get it ?

Also the battery compartment in the remote wouldn't open, so cannot insert a battery.  I tried too hard to get the tray open and a flimsy bit of plastic

broke off, and the tray still didn't open.  Its being returned sharpish

8 hours ago, fleabag said:

Well, just out of interest, i  uncoiled everything  to see how it joined up, but its rather confusing. Has  1  female plug  and 1 male plug on the light strip

(you can just see the plug ends in the pic )

But the connector on the white block has 1 female.  ( see pic of white block )    So, the strip has one surplus  female plug that is gonna be floating around.

I dont get it ?

Also the battery compartment in the remote wouldn't open, so cannot insert a battery.  I tried too hard to get the tray open and a flimsy bit of plastic

broke off, and the tray still didn't open.  Its being returned sharpish

The female plug in the end of the strip is probably there for you to connect another strip if you need a longer run of LEDs

Edited by Ghost_Bass
spelling

Ah, right.  I was scratching my noodle over that. I was thinking at one point that if i were to have picked the 44 button remote ( instead of 24 ) that

the white block with the bigger remote was the reverse regarding plug ends.  I.E.  The white block for the big remote would have a male end, and this would obviously connect to the female spare end.

But I like your idea better  !

OMG! I've found a live video of the amazing Bentley Rhythm Ace. 

That's Richard March (ex Pop Will Eat Itself), Fuzz Townsend (Ex PWEI, and Car SOS mechanic) and Mike Stokes. Occasionally James Atkin from EMF joins them, as he does here)

They're quite often cheesy, but never boring...

Edited by bartelby

Oh hey, cool! I was at that gig :D Really, really entertaining stuff, regardless of how much of it is sequenced.

The massive acid house flag was being passed around the audience the whole time - it's amazing that no-one hit the disco ball in the middle of the ceiling with it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MartinB said:

Oh hey, cool! I was at that gig :D Really, really entertaining stuff, regardless of how much of it is sequenced.

The massive acid house flag was being passed around the audience the whole time - it's amazing that no-one hit the disco ball in the middle of the ceiling with it.

I love BRA gigs. Cheesy, over the top and plain daft. But you don't stop grinning!

aaaah. pink torpedo up

I didnt send the whole kit back, as the seller told me, after i started a dispute, that if i bought a remote on its own from somewhere ( they didnt sell them on their own ) they would refund me. I did, and they did.  Got a remote from another seller ( hasnt arrived yet ) and  as promised, seller refunded the cost of the new remote plus another £5.

Meanwhile, the light strip works without the remote, but you dont get all the fancy switching / flashing etc.  So, as the last time the light were left on green before the remote fell apart, thats the colour i was stuck with. No probs - its for my TE combo.

Now then, here's where the never ending shoit rears its ugly head.   Gettiing the strip to go round a right angle, of whivch there are four of course on the front of the cab, was a right buzzard. Such a hassle in fact that, i must have done some damage, because half the lights wouldnt work, and i had checked them 2 mins before i fitted them

So now i have a remote in the post with no lights. I dont know whether to bother with another strip, as i'm still going to face the problem of getting the light strip to bend round a 90 degree angle. They dont seem to like it

Sorry you are having such a nightmare with yours. Mine stuck round the corners of mine without any problem at all and still work fine. I have since put them on again using some strong double sided tape as I found the sticky side of them wasn't as strong as I’d liked and lifted a couple of edges. All fine now though. 

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 01:52, fleabag said:

aaaah. pink torpedo up

I didnt send the whole kit back, as the seller told me, after i started a dispute, that if i bought a remote on its own from somewhere ( they didnt sell them on their own ) they would refund me. I did, and they did.  Got a remote from another seller ( hasnt arrived yet ) and  as promised, seller refunded the cost of the new remote plus another £5.

Meanwhile, the light strip works without the remote, but you dont get all the fancy switching / flashing etc.  So, as the last time the light were left on green before the remote fell apart, thats the colour i was stuck with. No probs - its for my TE combo.

Now then, here's where the never ending shoit rears its ugly head.   Gettiing the strip to go round a right angle, of whivch there are four of course on the front of the cab, was a right buzzard. Such a hassle in fact that, i must have done some damage, because half the lights wouldnt work, and i had checked them 2 mins before i fitted them

So now i have a remote in the post with no lights. I dont know whether to bother with another strip, as i'm still going to face the problem of getting the light strip to bend round a 90 degree angle. They dont seem to like it

It sounds to me that you stuck the strip on the front of the baffle. I think you should stick it on the edge facing in, that way the leds would face each other and not outwards.

I think this would be the desired effect.

I have these in my kitchen as my under cupboard lighting. It can be like a flipping disco in there.

Thats exactly what i did. I did try the inside facing edge, but its got vinyl on that part and the strip wouldnt stick. So it had to go round the baffle board and face outwards. I thought the the awkward bending round the corners would be ok, but it obviously wasn't

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...