Why become a member? ×

Cab bling

jimbartlett

17 hours ago, CameronJ said:

Ooh. It would surely be possible to get LEDs with a colour changing remote and just switch it depending on your mood, no?

You could even use a sound to light converter - the type DJs use - and have the colours change and pulse with the music. How cool would that be?

On 28/12/2017 at 14:48, jimbartlett said:

When you say  the lights are wired to a barrel,  do you mean a jack socket ?   If not, what is a barrel ?

Some green ones for my Trace would be handsome :)

Wild - i might stump up the coin. They're well cheap. Did you also buy that busy looking remote ?

Also Jim, i take it there are only 2 wires on the strip to connect to a 9v barrel jack, so would it matter which terminals the strip wires connect

to on the barrel  ( which i assume only has 2 terminals as well )

Edited by fleabag

Yes it came with the remote so I'll have a good play around with that when it arrives. I may just stick with the yellow though as I don't want my cab turning into a 70s Disco! Ha ha!

The led strip has two wires. You solder the negative to the centre of the barrel and the positive to the outer tab. Easy peasy.

1 hour ago, jimbartlett said:

Yes it came with the remote so I'll have a good play around with that when it arrives. I may just stick with the yellow though as I don't want my cab turning into a 70s Disco! Ha ha!

The led strip has two wires. You solder the negative to the centre of the barrel and the positive to the outer tab. Easy peasy.

Cheers Jimbo

Typical, the green lights dont come with a remote - i had a look at the auction.  Other colours do, but not green.  But you can buy the remote separately, and still cheap.  There's a 44 button remote or 24 button remote.   Cliff knows what 44 or 24 buttons do

HaH ...   i can answer my own question.

Just by the RGB  set with remote instead of just the one colour green without remote, as RGB has red green and blue lights. Use remote to change colour

Bingo

PS Jim - which set did you buy ?  There's a confusing list of 5050 150 LED......5050 300 LED.... 3528 300 LED .. and he doesnt mention how long they are

the function for  the remote control:
Up: increase brightness
Down: decrease brightness
Off: Power off
On: Turn on Power
R: change color to red
G: Switch to green color
B: change color to blue
FLASH: color changing automatically, quickly  jump
STROBE: automatically change color, gentle jump
FADE: automatic color change, gradually move  quickly
SMOOTH: automatic color change, gradually move  smoothly

Edited by fleabag

10 hours ago, fretmeister said:

70s disco sounds awesome.

How do I do that?

Get a set of these. If you measure the perimeter of your cab grill and that will give you the rough length you need. You then remove the grill, stick the strip around the inside edge and replace then you're good to go!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=292222022202&globalID=EBAY-GB

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, fleabag said:

HaH ...   i can answer my own question.

Just by the RGB  set with remote instead of just the one colour green without remote, as RGB has red green and blue lights. Use remote to change colour

Bingo

PS Jim - which set did you buy ?  There's a confusing list of 5050 150 LED......5050 300 LED.... 3528 300 LED .. and he doesnt mention how long they are

the function for  the remote control:
Up: increase brightness
Down: decrease brightness
Off: Power off
On: Turn on Power
R: change color to red
G: Switch to green color
B: change color to blue
FLASH: color changing automatically, quickly  jump
STROBE: automatically change color, gentle jump
FADE: automatic color change, gradually move  quickly
SMOOTH: automatic color change, gradually move  smoothly

Yes that's the idea. You can choose a single colour or the remote has options on it to give various changes. The 5050 LEDs are bigger and better than 3528 from what I believe?

This is what I bought, you can choose various lengths: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=292222022202&globalID=EBAY-GB

I can't wait to see some pictures from you lot!