Why become a member? ×

Lakland Duck Dunn for Sale. **SOLD**

dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='329054' date='Nov 14 2008, 01:02 PM']Sorry. Im sorted as far as Basses go although i do fancy a Fretless at some point.

Delbert, what you offering? I could do with some fingers that actually work. Mine just get tied in knotts.[/quote]

I have 2 left feet if that's any interest - or at least my wife says i do :)

[quote name='BassManGraham' post='331755' date='Nov 18 2008, 08:14 PM']I have just joined this forum. Very Nice bass. Where in London would bass need to be collected from?

I also have an as new Tanglewood Curbow fretless if you would consider a PX

cheers Graham[/quote]

Well im in the Old st /city area but Im willing to meet somewhere like a tube station etc.

I am looking for a good fretless but not an acoustic one, sorry.

Hi Dave, The Greg Curbow designed fretless bass is not acoustic, but a very good and underrated solid body electric with a mighty mite pickup and active circuit. It originally retailed for around £399. I paid £329. I will try and find a picture to upload I was thinking of this plus a sizeable cash balance for the Duck Dunn?

Does the Your Duck Dunn have a Jazz style neck?

Thanks Graham

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='331777' date='Nov 18 2008, 08:41 PM']Well im in the Old st /city area but Im willing to meet somewhere like a tube station etc.

I am looking for a good fretless but not an acoustic one, sorry.[/quote]

[quote name='BassManGraham' post='332006' date='Nov 18 2008, 11:47 PM']Hi Dave, The Greg Curbow designed fretless bass is not acoustic, but a very good and underrated solid body electric with a mighty mite pickup and active circuit. It originally retailed for around £399. I paid £329. I will try and find a picture to upload I was thinking of this plus a sizeable cash balance for the Duck Dunn?

Does the Your Duck Dunn have a Jazz style neck?

Thanks Graham[/quote]

Ah right. Im not really up on fretless basses so wasn't sure.

TBH i dont want an active bass either. I tend to prefer the tone of passive for some reason. And i believe it has a Bartolini active MK1 pup. Ive just sold my 55-01 because i didn't like the tone i got and that uses the same pup i believe. I also would need fret lines as ive not played a fretless before.

Thanks for clearing that up though.

Yes, the DD has a very nice, fast Jazz neck.

[quote name='rayfw' post='332434' date='Nov 19 2008, 04:54 PM']If I could sell my Precision I would definitely have this from you.
Don't fancy a trade? :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=31526"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=31526[/url][/quote]

If it was black with maple neck then yes i would.

Im getting back in to the Paul Weller tribute band we used to do so i can really use my P5 in OW. Im thinking i should just keep the DD for this but a black P would go even better.

[quote name='jimijimmi' post='337359' date='Nov 26 2008, 03:18 PM']i want this bassssssssss![/quote]

Me toooooooooooooooo.

I've now found a reason to keep it for a while. Im not withdrawing the add, just not bothered if it sells or not for a while.
Im going to need a 4 string P for my Wellah project. I cant really use the 5 string so i might as well use the DD.

Still open to offers though. The Fretless has been sorted as im getting my Jazz de-fretted next week.
Im not looking for anything other than money, a Rick (well, its worth a try ;-) or a Black/maple USA 08 P.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='337368' date='Nov 26 2008, 03:29 PM']Me toooooooooooooooo.

I've now found a reason to keep it for a while. Im not withdrawing the add, just not bothered if it sells or not for a while.
Im going to need a 4 string P for my Wellah project. I cant really use the 5 string so i might as well use the DD.

Still open to offers though. The Fretless has been sorted as im getting my Jazz de-fretted next week.
Im not looking for anything other than money, a Rick (well, its worth a try ;-) or a Black/maple USA 08 P.[/quote]

no worries..i did PM you too

jj

[quote name='jimijimmi' post='337370' date='Nov 26 2008, 03:31 PM']no worries..i did PM you too

jj[/quote]

Yeah, sorry, i just got it and have replied.

And dont get me wrong, its still for sale. Im just not going to be pushing thats all.

Edited by dave_bass5

• 3 months later...

Well its finally gone :)
Its taken a while and in that time i started to play it again at home and almost pulled out of the deal but i know it wont get used if i keep it.
Im pretty sure ill get another if (when) i switch back to 4 string but for now my P5 is my only gigging bass.

Thanks all for the interest and good luck to the new owner.