Why become a member? ×

Oscillator/Synth/VCO pedals (analogue)

Quatschmacher

[quote name='Proton Lenny' timestamp='1509819185' post='3401893']

Thanks for the compliments and the download! I'll hopefully put together some more tracks, and compile them into a second EP soon.
[/quote]

Ah, Mr. Rizer himself! The username is a red herring ;). Great work man. Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s much appreciated.

I notice from the Iron Ether site that the Subterranea is no longer available :(
Is the FMeron a succesor/evolution of that pedal or am I right in thinking that owning both would cover most analogue and digital tones? i really want the FM but i won't have £250 spare anytime soon (especially as I've recently spent £400 ish on pedals/power supplies and new patch cables,money from a bass sale!)

P's I love your demos Mr Rizer :)

Edited by lee650

Have to say, Zach Rizer’s demos are always spot on. Well shot, clear delivery of information, tasteful playing (appropriate to the kind of pedal being demoed) just generally excellent.

Yup. I just checked out the FMeron and ended up looking at his review of the Xerograph Deluxe; I’m totally going to have to get hold of one now. Edited by Quatschmacher

[quote name='Al Krow' timestamp='1509797989' post='3401712']
@Q - So if you could only go for one synth pedal would it be the ultra compact [url="https://www.banananaeffects.com/products/matryoshka"]Bananana[/url] or the [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aatqpmztb60"]FMeron[/url] or neither / something completely different - as I see you're really after an analogue pedal, due to latency and tracking issues?
[/quote]

I’m not sure yet without having played any of them (except a quick go on the Freqbox, but I think I did it without the sync being switched on so I wasn’t getting the results I wanted). I’m not so fussed about the size, though bonus if it could be small and run off a standard supply. I’m more interested in the sound (multiple oscillators, waveforms and registers is better) and how well it tracks and copes with fast notes.

As a side note, having a gate would be a welcome addition too. Do you guys use any kind of separate gate pedal?

Edited by Quatschmacher

[quote name='CameronJ' timestamp='1509821882' post='3401909']
Ah, Mr. Rizer himself! The username is a red herring ;). Great work man. Keep doing what you're doing, it's much appreciated.
[/quote]
[quote name='lee650' timestamp='1509821905' post='3401910']
I notice from the Iron Ether site that the Subterranea is no longer available :(
Is the FMeron a succesor/evolution of that pedal or am I right in thinking that owning both would cover most analogue and digital tones? i really want the FM but i won't have £250 spare anytime soon (especially as I've recently spent £400 ish on pedals/power supplies and new patch cables,money from a bass sale!)

P's I love your demos Mr Rizer :)
[/quote]
[quote name='Quatschmacher' timestamp='1509823470' post='3401927']
Yup. I just checked out the FMertron and ended up looking at his review of the Xerograph Deluxe; I'm totally going to have to get hold of one now.
[/quote]

Awww, thanks gents!

[quote name='Al Krow' timestamp='1509810799' post='3401818']
Looks like there's a bit of a head of steam picking up around this pedal. We could maybe think about putting in a 'bulk order' if several of us are looking to get this and the only option is get directly from the US? That maybe would allow us to negotiate a discount on purchase and some savings on transport costs? Just a thought - but I'm seriously interested too. I'd be happy to coordinate unless someone else is a dab hand at US imports (e.g. dB or DB? - just realised we have two BC pedal experts with same avatar initials! :))
[/quote]

I'd likely be up for this (and would probably throw in a Xerograph Deluxe while I’m at it).

Excellent. If anyone else is interested in seeing if there is any benefit / additional convenience from a bulk purchase order of Iron Ether pedals (e.g. in terms of saved shipping or bulk discount) please give me a shout. We're up to a tally of 3 pedals so far, I'm guessing if we can get up to 5+ between us then that would start to make it interesting for them as manufacturers.

[quote name='Al Krow' timestamp='1509919023' post='3402649']
Excellent. If anyone else is interested in seeing if there is any benefit / additional convenience from a bulk purchase order of Iron Ether pedals (e.g. in terms of saved shipping or bulk discount) please give me a shout. We're up to a tally of 3 pedals so far, I'm guessing if we can get up to 5+ between us then that would start to make it interesting for them as manufacturers.
[/quote]

Might be worth asking Darren from fxpedalrentals.com too; he’s on here (Tonyxtiger or something like that).

[quote name='Quatschmacher' timestamp='1509921181' post='3402677']
Might be worth asking Darren from fxpedalrentals.com too; he's on here (Tonyxtiger or something like that).
[/quote]

Good idea - I think you've already rented some of his gear and know him? If so, please invite him along to join the party (and / or to lead / coordinate if he wants to - he will have a bunch more experience than me on importing from the US).

[quote name='Al Krow' timestamp='1509919023' post='3402649']
[/quote]

im in. i want one

the tone at 7.39 in the demo is the synth tone ive been looking for fro years. sold

[quote name='Al Krow' timestamp='1509925335' post='3402700']

Good idea - I think you've already rented some of his gear and know him? If so, please invite him along to join the party (and / or to lead / coordinate if he wants to - he will have a bunch more experience than me on importing from the US).
[/quote]

I’ve just emailed him to ask if he’s interested or can offer any advice.

Ok so after a quick chat with Taylor at Iron Ether he is not interested in having a UK dealer or any type of bulk order submitted. Even from the point of saving on shipping he doesn’t want to deal with quantity. I understand he wants to sell direct but I thought at least from an environmental point of view having me bring in a few of his range at the same time would make sense.

Either way he’s not into it and you would have to go directly and each import your own.

Building by himself I suspect a new run of Fmerons may not be soon but I’m trying to find out when. If I can get hold of one I’ll make it available.

This is frustrating but not uncommon with smaller builders.

Thanks, that seems a real shame. Maybe Taylor understood bulk order as double figures or something whereas it’ll most likely be under 10 units. Given that there doesn’t seem to be a limit on the quantities of pedals one can order, it would be feasible for one person to place an order for 6 pedals, would it not? What practical difference would that make to six individuals placing an order? I guess perhaps he ships one out as he makes it so it’d cause a bit of a wait if they were being sent at once. But surely it’d mean 1 post office trip as opposed to 6.

You'd think, but he seems to just want one per person. He's set up that way so I guess thats best for him. It was 10 I asked for initially and that was too much. A few Fmerons, polytope etc. I dropped the quantity and still not interested. I'm not going to second guess his method, ill just deal with other companies who want to have their pedals available for you guys to try.

I guess in this instance you guys will just have to go direct. I'm still on the search for other goodies...

[quote name='tonyxtiger' timestamp='1510090361' post='3403986']
You'd think, but he seems to just want one per person. He's set up that way so I guess thats best for him. It was 10 I asked for initially and that was too much. A few Fmerons, polytope etc. I dropped the quantity and still not interested. I'm not going to second guess his method, ill just deal with other companies who want to have their pedals available for you guys to try.

I guess in this instance you guys will just have to go direct. I'm still on the search for other goodies...
[/quote]

That seems an odd stance op for him to take, given that 10 pedals isn’t a crazy number and would mean a solid chunk of money his way in one go. Strange. Thanks for investigating this Darren, legendary sleuth work!

Well that is a shame but thanks for trying.

How about WMD stuff? I’d be well up for trying the Protostar filter as it looks and sounds like loads of fun.

Edited by Quatschmacher

In Taylor's defence I remember he had a lot of issues when he was dealing with Prymaxe and other retailers adding confusion to his business and he scaled everything right back to the fairly simple operation that it is now.

As I recall it's a small operation (one guy designing/building and I think the enclosures are done by another guy) and rather than have waitlists he now produces small batches as required when the last ones sell out.

Like I have said previously he is a great guy to deal with and has scaled back to best balance demand/expectations with their output abilities.

1 minute ago, Quatschmacher said:

…and yes, Taylor seems like a really nice guy. He wrote a very swift and detailed response to my questions and was happy to discuss things further. 

So you decided whether to pull the trigger on the FMeron or not, now that you're getting all chummy with Taylor B|? If so, I'm looking forward to A/Bing it with the PM2 and Cameron's Glou Glou acquisition on 'Black Friday' which may or may not coincide with a certain bass player's birthday! :drinks: