Why become a member? ×

Oscillator/Synth/VCO pedals (analogue)

Quatschmacher

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, dodge_bass said:

Sweet sweet sweet. Though buying one of these AND THEN buying a Moog Minitaur might be financially ruinous....!

If you get the Convertor that isn’t too bad, though the full prices are quite high. I bought the old version of the Squaver when it was discounted.

What I’m unsure about in this demo with the Minitaur is whether he’s sending the envelope signal from the Squaver to the filter cutoff of the Minitaur. More interesting to me would be to simply send the pitch and gate signals from the Squaver to trigger the Minitaur’s own envelopes. I might get in touch to ask. 

39 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

If you get the Convertor that isn’t too bad, though the full prices are quite high. I bought the old version of the Squaver when it was discounted.

What I’m unsure about in this demo with the Minitaur is whether he’s sending the envelope signal from the Squaver to the filter cutoff of the Minitaur. More interesting to me would be to simply send the pitch and gate signals from the Squaver to trigger the Minitaur’s own envelopes. I might get in touch to ask. 

Do ask. I’d be interested to know the answer to that as well! As I understood it the older models weren’t as good (hence the discount?) for tracking?

1 hour ago, dodge_bass said:

Do ask. I’d be interested to know the answer to that as well! As I understood it the older models weren’t as good (hence the discount?) for tracking?

It wasn’t really tracking that was the problem, it was the noise gate that wasn’t great which caused bleed and oversensitivity. They fixed this and updated all the remaining old stock.

The paint job was a bit iffy on the old version and they have switched suppliers for the new one. It’s much better. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/06/2018 at 07:46, Quatschmacher said:

I got a reply from Nathan. As I suspected, the filter cutoff on the Minitaur is being modulated by the amplitude envelope of the bass guitar. I’ve asked him if he’d have a go just using the gate out to trigger the Minitaur’s internal envelopes instead to hear how that sounds, which he said he’d do if he gets time. 

• Like 1