Why become a member? ×

Parcel2 Go UPS issue

yorks5stringer

Just had an email from Parcel2Go saying the Bass I sent recently incurred an extra £7.00 charge( plus £2.50 admin) charge because it was 150cm long and not 140 cm as I stated.

It was a standard Thomann box and was just under 140 cm, I checked.

Anyway they said they would cover the charge this time, which was big of them considering it was a totally trumped up issue.

From what I remember someone else had a similar post fairly recently too.....

That was me. I asked the receiver to double check my measurements and then the matter was dropped once I had explained to Parcel2go. A bit naughty and the moral of the story is to photograph any parcel you are sending, especially with a tape alongside showing the various dimensions.

I had one from them asking for an extra fee as the box was of 'unknown dimensions', I replied that is was of very much known dimensions as I had typed them in personally, I got a reply saying is a 'computer glitch' (isn't it always when they have cocked up) and not to worry about it.

Parcel hero £44 extra for shipping a cab as they said it was 15kg heavier than I stated. Despite sending the link to the Ampeg website with dimensions, weight etc... They said that unless I has a pic of it on scales it was tough! Needless to say the twats are getting not a penny more from me. To top it all a second parcel sent at the same time to a client arrived smashed and yep, no refund, insurance without loads of pics. Couriers=chancers!

It's worth noting that if you use UPS through Parcel2Go that you don't get the benefit of both couriers insurance or T&C's. I think UPS will say 'tough, you booked it through Parcel2Go' if anything goes wrong. I believe I am right in saying that.