Why become a member? ร—

Don't know where to start with this one ...

darkandrew

File this one under "What were they thinking?":

http://ebay.co.uk/itm/ESP-Wide-neck-LTD-6-string-with-a-48mm-nut-with-custom-strat-neck-pup-HB-/192326351124?hash=item2cc78b3914%3Ag%3AISAAAOSwnLdWsnSk&_trkparms=pageci%253Aec17a7d4-b6ad-11e7-8cc9-74dbd180a5d0%257Cparentrq%253A4105227515f0ab6b446034c5ffff0ebd%257Ciid%253A25

Edited by darkandrew

[quote name='MoJo' timestamp='1508761481' post='3394196']
I just don't see the point. It's creating a solution for a need that doesn't exist
[/quote]
Actually, to be honest - the single coil put diagonally in a humbucker pickup ring has got me thinking whether there would be a market for a more elegant solution to this, maybe something like a humbucker sized plastic rectangle with a single coil pickup shaped hole milled out diagonally from one corner to the other, and with a fixing mechanism to hold the single coil in place. Could this be a "Dragons' Den" moment?

Edited by darkandrew

[quote name='darkandrew' timestamp='1508832485' post='3394633']

Actually, to be honest - the single coil put diagonally in a humbucker pickup ring has got me thinking whether there would be a market for a more elegant solution to this, maybe something like a humbucker sized plastic rectangle with a single coil pickup shaped hole milled out diagonally from one corner to the other, and with a fixing mechanism to hold the single coil in place. Could this be a "Dragons' Den" moment?
[/quote]

www.amazon.co.uk/Allparts-Humbucker-Single-Pickup-Conversion/dp/B002MWKOHI

Oh well, looks like someone has beaten me to it - there goes my ยฃmillion idea!

Edited by darkandrew

[quote name='Meddle' timestamp='1509310863' post='3398020']
Ebay seller is well known, and can't be discussed here. it is a shame that otherwise perfectly good guitars wind up in their possession to be modified in such an unsympathetic manner, but they can't all be winners I suppose.
[/quote]

The guy became a member here on 10/10/17, did six posts, and promptly disappeared on 11/10/17. Perhaps he did a search on the stuff he'd sold previously and decided this wasn't the place for him.

I can understand moderators wrestling control of some content here, but the guy became legendary historically through his pursuit of purchasing budget instruments on eBay, [i]Frankensteining[/i] them to something he honestly believed improved them and putting them up for profitable resale on eBay. The more keen-eyed and investigative here could actually trace the purchases of guitars and parts, through the bolting together process and eventual resale.

Thing is, while we seem to be free to say something is fantastic, we're seemingly gagged/dissuaded from commenting against something we feel is horrific, for fear of rebuttal from other members. Which is a shame, because the majority of his past-mods have been hilariously awful. I feel for the purchasers of these monstrosities, but with over 1,500 positive sales on eBay, who am I to question his practices or methodology?

Caveat emptor, as our glorious Roman conquerors would have said.

Edited by NancyJohnson