Why become a member? ×

North East Bass Bash - NEBB - 27th Nov

bassoctopus

Hi,

I'll turn up on 27th - It sounds like the community centre is still to be confirmed - is that the case?

BTW - My other half's calling me a saddo. :)

Let me know the score re a venue and I'll turn up with all my stuff (and the usual low level of talent - Don't let me use it all up as I have a gig the following night)

Steve

[quote name='StevieC' post='331033' date='Nov 17 2008, 09:15 PM']I'll turn up on 27th - It sounds like the community centre is still to be confirmed - is that the case?[/quote]
Fab! It is TBC - I'll post here tomorrow morning to confirm one way or the other.
[quote name='StevieC' post='331033' date='Nov 17 2008, 09:15 PM']BTW - My other half's calling me a saddo. :)[/quote]
That's what mine says, but she's usually watching Eastenders or summat at the time.....

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='331035' date='Nov 17 2008, 09:18 PM']Fab! It is TBC - I'll post here tomorrow morning to confirm one way or the other.

That's what mine says, but she's usually watching Eastenders or summat at the time.....[/quote]

Cheers. Mine's busy watching Bridget Jones on DVD at this very moment...'nuff said.

Steve

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='331644' date='Nov 18 2008, 05:46 PM']Reet

Unfortunately, the Community Centre is booked next Thursday. It's a shame 'cos it's only 20 quid, witch a great load-in and a room big enough to let the notes bloom a bit!

So.. unless we want to change the date, it looks like MBB!

Over to you, Mr. Hunt...[/quote]

We have option 2 or 3 then!

Option 2 - My school which is free (cost wise) and available from 6.30 till 9.00 but is a bit of a carry in (WoT has been before so can flesh out the carry in and room acoustics in comparison to Opt 3 where he has rehearsed before).

Option 3 - MBB which is a bit more expensive than I thought (£18 for 2 hours) and can be had from 6.00 - 8.00 OR 8.00 - 10.00 (as of tonight still available for either time) and is an easier carry in.

I'm absolutely fine with either, what do folks reckon?

Edited by warwickhunt

Hopefully I'll be able to get there. I'm in Shipley that day but will strive for, nay insist on an early finish. Still want to try that Thunderfunk...

Can bring my GK1001RBII (but you know what they sound like) and my EPI UL310 (ditto) and the Pentabuzz.

Either for me.

There's going to be at least 3 of us, so at worst it's only going to be £6 each, not worth worrying about really. :)

Would be interested to try a GK. I saw Extreme last night and Pat Badger's bass sound was superb. 3 x GK 8x10s Couldn't see his rack, so not sure what amps he was using.

Edited by bassoctopus

By my reckoning we have;

Big Al
Stevie C
Bass Oct
JPJ
WoT
JD1
Me

Is that about the size of it? If so then even at £18 it's less than £2.50 each or the school for free with a slightly longer carry!

If you're feeling clever Neil you can stick a poll at the top (inc whether a 6-8 or 8-10 slot is best) of the thread then people don't feel pressured by a public vote. :)

Ideally I'd like to let Mark at MBB know tomorrow so that we can secure a time slot.

Streamer Stage I & II
Thunderfunk
Aggie DB1x12 (x2)

It might be interesting if I bring my Line 6 Variaxe bass, compare it to the real thing if there are a variety of basses. :huh:

<edit>

I might bring the Bolin along for an airing... did I say not too many basses? :)

Edited by warwickhunt

If there is any interest I can bring along some of;

[u]Amps / Cabs[/u]
SWR750X head
Goliath III 4x10 x2
Son of Bertha 1x15
Schroeder 21012 minus working horn

I guess the SoB is a must eh WoT?

[u]Basses[/u]
Overwater J Series 5 String
Fender DLX Jazz V (modified with J-Retro)
Self-build precision 5 hamm mutant thing

Perhaps the President of the Peoples Democratic Republic of Blyth could make an executive decision out of that lot :) :huh:

[quote name='JPJ' post='331846' date='Nov 18 2008, 09:38 PM']If there is any interest I can bring along some of;

[u]Amps / Cabs[/u]
SWR750X head
Goliath III 4x10 x2
Son of Bertha 1x15
Schroeder 21012 minus working horn

I guess the SoB is a must eh WoT?

[u]Basses[/u]
Overwater J Series 5 String
Fender DLX Jazz V (modified with J-Retro)
Self-build precision 5 hamm mutant thing

Perhaps the President of the Peoples Democratic Republic of Blyth could make an executive decision out of that lot :huh: :huh:[/quote]

Bring the fecking lot, we'll let the Southern Jessies feel the bass when we link 'EVERYBODY'S' rig together! :huh:

Actually on second thoughts we have a suspended ceiling and I'm not sure we've been cleared for asbestos so just bring a bit. :)